Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 AM

82 posts, read 110,680 times

Advertisements

I grew up on the south side of Chicago... You need street smarts to survive, the hooker didn't get a penny out of me so i guess she failed...the heat was fine, my skin looks amazing!
Vegas would a wasteland if it didn't have the strip, you can't compare Vegas to Chicago, we have community... Real community, not a bunch drunk Californians shoutting Wooo! And downtown Las Vegas... Haha don't even attempt please =P
We might as well lock this thread! these natives will say and do anything to defend there city, truthfully if it wasn't for the strip Vegas would not be Vegas. Your entire economy is based off the strip.

Yeah ill take the winter along with all the seasons, oh how I miss the greens! You never know what you until its gone, I cannot wait to be in Illinois again!
[orphaned]

Last edited by observer53; 07-09-2014 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 05:00 AM

277 posts, read 291,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I thought that was a different potential transplant from Chicago...someone with limited funds and no job lined up???

I think this OP was the guy who wasn't worried about the sun...lol

Suddenly the Vegas board is being flooded with Chicagoans considering relocation here.

I'm guessing some may be trying to escape the city before winter strikes again.
Or next weekends shootings start again.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
My view is if you hate the area as much as described, then you should leave. I can understand there will be quite a few people, who could both be turned off and frightened by Las Vegas. There is no crime in that. The area could make some people uncomfortable.

With that said. I would look at the job, and what outcome will come of you quitting so suddenly. Is this a worthwhile job to you? Is quitting so abruptly going to put a big blemish on your resume? If the job is worthwhile to you and you need to be working. Then I would keep the job. I would then look for other living arrangements in Metro Las Vegas. Surely there are better areas for you. As others have said. There is a lot more to Las Vegas than the strip, and the areas you mentioned.

In this day and age, you really have to be careful about quitting a job. Jobs are not always easy to come by, and I'm sure you know that.

I'm going to add this also. Just because Las Vegas and much of this country is a commuter world. Don't ever let anyone dictate how you should live. If you don't have a car, there is enough of a bus system there for you to live away from the strip. It may not be rapid transit, and you would need more than one bus but it can be done. Just try to find something on as direct of a route that you can find.

Don't give up the job this fast, just try to improve where your currently living in LV. I think doing so will give you an entirely different perspective, and feeling about living and working there.

Best of Luck.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
For those of you that complain about the LV school system....I suggest you read the OP's posts....Op is an example of Chicago's school system!

I especially liked reading about the isrealy people!

Let's not forget the consistent use of there for their...or never capitalizing I...

So LV is that skanky huh? Who was the one scrounging to get laid but didn't like that they could only succeed if they paid? Who was the one scrounging CL for hookups?

let's see....you take a job in SIN CITY (supposedly) and are shocked to find sinners?

This must not be a very well paying gig if you're put upat the six and can't afford a rental car...

I don't believe a word of any of this....the only thing this post lacked was the word knuckleheads.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 AM

82 posts, read 110,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
For those of you that complain about the LV school system....I suggest you read the OP's posts....Op is an example of Chicago's school system!

I especially liked reading about the isrealy people!

Let's not forget the consistent use of there for their...or never capitalizing I...

So LV is that skanky huh? Who was the one scrounging to get laid but didn't like that they could only succeed if they paid? Who was the one scrounging CL for hookups?

let's see....you take a job in SIN CITY (supposedly) and are shocked to find sinners?

This must not be a very well paying gig if you're put upat the six and can't afford a rental car...

I don't believe a word of any of this....the only thing this post lacked was the word knuckleheads.
Good job buddy, my feelings are hurt. =) feel pretty big huh?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:17 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,376 times
Those Chicogoans can be "gangster". ***** Hustler Alert****

Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamReign View Post
Good job buddy, my feelings are hurt. =) feel pretty big huh?
Nice comeback....on second thought, don't come back!

If you do decide to stay, you could move to Harbor Island...then maybe you can score a tweaker chick! ...if you try hard enough you might find an isrealy tweaker.

Then perhaps you can leave the working girls alone so they can score a date with a dude that can afford a rental car at least...

Old 07-09-2014, 07:43 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Why can't I rep you, Cyborg????

This dude be like "I went to a whorehouse and dag gummit, there were whores there. I can not believe it. I am leaving now."

Old 07-09-2014, 07:57 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,690 times
"my skin looks amazing"

LOL what guy says that....

Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,582,203 times
Well, there are some inconsistencies between this post and the earlier one by the OP concerning the move here. Many people said he might have problems with the heat. He said he is originally from Jamaica so heat won't bother him. But in this post he says he has spent most of his time in South Chicago. Don't know why he just didn't say heat doesn't bother him anyway. i've been in Chicago in the summer. Trust me, I'd rather be in LV!

Secondly, his skin is amazing??? Most people complain about how their skin really dries out and cracks. My skin was "amazing" when I lived in Guam, the most humid place I've ever been. Here, I have to use copious amounts of skin cream to keep the dry skin from flaking. Amazing???

BTW OP, Isrealy is actually spelled Israeli. There is a spell checker here on City-Data. My suggestion would be to use it.

We all get it, Vegas is not for you. That's no crime.

In the words of Curly Bill Brocius in "Tombstone," when Wyatt Earp was leaving town, "Well, bye."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas