Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 07:35 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
This last move I did have bookshelves dragged along concrete, a table get warped, an coffee table get it's corners crushed. It was a bit frustrating as I've moved my stuff 4 times and combined had nowhere near the damage of this one move (not counting the things that were lost.

I wanted to get solidly made things that could survive the movers (I did another pro move five years back that killed an Ikea desk, dresser, and bed frame). I do think used is the way to go as furniture depreciates like crazy, and it's going to get dinged, scratched and gouged along the way.

That being said, the wife does want a somewhat matched modern set with a darker finish, but I'm not opposed to getting pieces that are just somewhat matched so replacement will be a breeze should the lazy mover strike again.

Didn't know about the east to west thing, makes sense Scoop. Almost bought a set a few days back from a guy who just moved from back east, but it had some brass trim I didn't think I could update and I passed.

Ethen Allen sure isn't cheap. $575 for a end table? Ouch.
I have seen Ethen Allen at thrift stores a few times for very cheap and in superb condition. Maybe consignment stores? Phoenix has/had some great stores by the Sun City area if you ever get down that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 09:56 AM

557 posts, read 793,450 times
Yes, Ethan Allen can be on the pricey side, but I found that Ethan Allen reasonably priced against similar quality furniture.
It took me some time as I placed multiple orders to furnish my home. I have had no issues with the furniture and it looks great. They have all different styles, so there is something for everyone. I have had crappy furniture in the past and won't make that mistake again. Ethan Allen will last generations to be handed down. Also Phoenix is their HQ and main warehouse for the entire South West, so you may find some great deals on close out models in that area.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 AM

123 posts, read 183,215 times
walker or costco

Old 08-24-2014, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 492 times
Craigslist - if you have time and patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas