Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:45 AM

687 posts, read 4,404,356 times

Advertisements

So after all the nonsense we had with squatters on our street, last night we had another mess.

I went out to lock my truck and heard some commotion, turns out that a different house for sale had a moving truck pull up to it and one of our neighbors yelled to them, "hey that's my friends house, get the hell outta there!" They had a budget moving van and split out fast.

We all went over there and called the real estate office from the number that was on the sign and waited for her to arrive. Turns out these people were not moving in but they were going to clean the place out.
Sometime over the course of yesterday, they went in the house and removed most everything they could and stacked it all in the garage. When the real estate lady rolled the door up, the garage was loaded with fans, lights, fixtures, etc. They also removed the front door and had it laying in the entry way. We walked through the house and re secured everything with her and went on our way. One of the neighbors called 311 to report it but in the course of the hour that we were out there, no one showed up. Nobody was able to get a license number off the truck quick enough.

The backyard of the house faces Cheyenne ave and we figured they must have come over the back wall and got in that way. We never saw anyone around the place at all, until the moving truck showed up last night.

The house has been empty for a couple of months and I intentionally stopped by there weeks ago to warn the owner, who was doing some work over there, to watch out for potential would be squatters that might try to move in. I guess he didnt take me too serious, because I've not seen him or anyone around there in quite a while.

If anyone on here has homes for sale on their street, keep a good eye out, these jerks are sneaky and work fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM

427 posts, read 630,234 times
wow, that's quite a story. Thanks for posting this.
I guess if you see a rental truck in your neighborhood, you better jot down the license plate, just in case.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:29 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,283 times
eh... all my neighbors ay their bills.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:35 PM

427 posts, read 630,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
eh... all my neighbors ay their bills.
what ????
how does paying bills tie into this ? It was a vacant house for sale and people broke in and stripped it.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:14 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
People suck.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:22 PM

390 posts, read 755,247 times
Always a good idea to make friends with neighbors...even if it's a rental house. These people will protect your property better than anyone since they know you would do the same for them if situation was reversed!

Old 08-25-2014, 01:29 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Always a good idea to make friends with neighbors...even if it's a rental house. These people will protect your property better than anyone since they know you would do the same for them if situation was reversed!
Exactly. We know the neighbors on both sides and across the street. Everyone watches out for everyone else. We're renters (although long-term), and the other 3 own. There are renters on each side of our neighbors across the street, but I haven't met them yet. We were in the Bay Area this weekend (just in time for the earthquake), and made sure our neighbors knew that, and they kept an eye on things. We gave them the description of our friends' cars who fed the dogs while we were gone. We do the same for them.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM

687 posts, read 4,404,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Exactly. We know the neighbors on both sides and across the street. Everyone watches out for everyone else. We're renters (although long-term), and the other 3 own. There are renters on each side of our neighbors across the street, but I haven't met them yet. We were in the Bay Area this weekend (just in time for the earthquake), and made sure our neighbors knew that, and they kept an eye on things. We gave them the description of our friends' cars who fed the dogs while we were gone. We do the same for them.
Yeah, its good to know your neighbors. We know everyone on our street and a small handfull of people from around the rest of our tract.
Ever since the squatter issue, an unknown car cant even park on our street, without someone calling someone else to see if its legit. It sounds strange but I feel safe knowing that everyone is watching out for each other.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:19 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Thanks Tiger! Scary!

Old 08-27-2014, 10:18 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Can I rent one of those empty houses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: