Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 AM

111 posts, read 166,295 times

Advertisements

I have enough MyVegas rewards points to get a free buffet pass. Which one do I choose? My options are Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Monte Carlo, Excalibur, or Circus Circus. I don't need anything fancy, just decent food cooked well and not crazy prices (It's a BOGO deal). Also, I'd prefer it to not be a madhouse on a weekday. I've stood in line for over an hour at the Rio, and I don't want to do that again.

Are any of these worth my time, or should I just continue to hit up the Main Street Station buffet when I'm in town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:26 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
The best of that bunch is easily Bellago.

What reward program is this? MGM?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 AM

427 posts, read 630,509 times
My vote would be Bellagio and Mandalay Bay, then Mirage.
Buffets aren't what they used to be, but Bellagio is far superior to Main St Station !

I think the lunch buffet is the best value, so I usually plan on a late lunch that day.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Totally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The best of that bunch is easily Bellago.

What reward program is this? MGM?
I get points by playing myVEGAS Slots on Facebook. You get real life rewards for MGM properties, like discounted room rates, 2 for 1 buffets, free drinks, show tickets, etc. It's not all that great, apparently it used to be pretty good, but I'll take a free buffet pass for passive free slot machine play.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:06 PM

2,542 posts, read 2,736,501 times
Recently went to the MGM buffet and didn't think it was that great. I think it was around $30 per person.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:57 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Buffets in general are not designed to be good. They're designed to make money. The days of the buffet being used as a loss-leader to get people though the door are long gone, except for Sterling Brunch. But the high cost of admission to that one keeps most people away. (Sterling Brunch has never made a penny on me, even though they charge close to $100 for a buffet. I'm really looking forward to going back now that they've renovated.)

If you know what things cost, you can gravitate to the more-pricey items and make the buffet more worth your while. The resorts know that most people won't do that, and will instead fill up on starches. That's why there are so many potato dishes and baked goods. Potatoes and flour are cheap. Crab legs aren't.

My short answer: It doesn't really matter which one you go to. They range from mediocre to bad to worse to Excalibur buffet.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:04 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
OP... I DARE YOU to go eat at Excab Buffet... I double dare you!

THE HORROR... THE HORROR!

Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM

Default Lol...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the fare that the Rio buffet, but it was too much of a hassle to get there, and then spend so much time in line. I actually like the Main Street Station one. The food is edible, it's dirt cheap, and I've never stood in line. I did get a dry piece of prime rib once, but that didn't soil my experience.

I guess the biggest thing that would keep me away from a buffet are screaming kids. I can imagine that would cross the Excalibur and Circus Circus off my list. Seems like Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, and MGM Grand are all about the same, price wise, so now it boils down to which one has the best atmosphere. I've never stepped foot in the Mandalay Bay before, never went that far down the strip.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:06 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
Bellagio brunch buffet. You'll only sample a small percentage of the spread, but what you do choose will be quality stuff. There is a difference.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:10 PM

55 posts, read 70,079 times
Once the Bacchanal Buffet opened at Caesar's, we stopped going to just about anywhere else. We'll still hit the Wynn a few times a year to mix it up, but Cosmopolitan's Wicked Spoon, Rio... any of the others we used to go to were all left in the dust once we had our first Bacchanal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: