Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,786,757 times

Advertisements

Last night we dined at Jose Andres' Bazaar Meat steakhouse at SLS.

It was great. It is served Tapas style, so everything you order is intended to be shared, and dishes come out as prepared rather than as part of some set appetizer/first course/second course choreographed culinary ballet.

One thing I'd never heard of before & never seen was the cotton candy foie gras appetizer on a stick -- aMAZEing.

The service was top knotch.

Two thumbs up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 05:04 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,824,911 times
We made it to Fat Choy for lunch yesterday. The location is uh, interesting.

Duck Bao - very similar to Peking Duck, but with a lighter sauce. It was as good as everyone says it is.

Foreground: Pork Belly BLT with Sriracha mayo. I had to try it because it was a special. It was a good BLT but that was all. Next time it's the short rib grilled cheese.

Background: Duck rice, with a duck leg and thigh. This was very tasty.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:47 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,670,577 times
How much was lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
We made it to Fat Choy for lunch yesterday. The location is uh, interesting.

Duck Bao - very similar to Peking Duck, but with a lighter sauce. It was as good as everyone says it is.

Foreground: Pork Belly BLT with Sriracha mayo. I had to try it because it was a special. It was a good BLT but that was all. Next time it's the short rib grilled cheese.

Background: Duck rice, with a duck leg and thigh. This was very tasty.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 PM

23,070 posts, read 28,791,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev780 View Post
Original Firefly location on Paradise closed because 89 people got Salmonella.

Firefly salmonella outbreak called worst in a decade | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Henderson store closed after a health inspection.

Firefly to close Henderson location | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Go ahead and eat all of the fireflys you want!!!! They obviously have a huge management problem.

I will choose to avoid the ER and eat somewhere else.
In the Wednesday paper, they used to have a restaurant report, but I haven't seen it in a long, long time. With that report, they'd list all the restaurants, how many demerits they received, sometimes with reasons why, which were upgraded, downgraded, which were closed down, temporarily until they fixed the problems. That report always fascinated me as even well-known restaurants on the Strip could receive demerits and temporarily closed.

In one way, I'm glad that Wednesday report is gone now, as ignorance is bliss!

I don't need to read it: a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant, dead cockroaches found in the microwave oven!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:36 PM

23,070 posts, read 28,791,614 times
I've developed a craving for Japanese food, and being a nightshift worker, I need a restaurant that stays open really late, into the wee hours of the morning, and I've found 2 Japanese restaurants, near Chinatown, I've been eager to try out: Jinya (open to 3am) and Izakaya Cocokala (open to 4am).

Old 09-24-2014, 12:23 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,824,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
How much was lunch?
Bao was $7 (for 2), PBBLT was $9, Duck Rice was $12, with drinks and tax $34.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:28 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,474,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev780 View Post
Original Firefly location on Paradise closed because 89 people got Salmonella.

Firefly salmonella outbreak called worst in a decade | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Henderson store closed after a health inspection.

Firefly to close Henderson location | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Go ahead and eat all of the fireflys you want!!!! They obviously have a huge management problem.

I will choose to avoid the ER and eat somewhere else.
Firefly on West Sahara at Peccole Ranch is now being remodelled and will become Nacho Daddy and I have a feeling it will be the same owners as Firefly.

Firefly on Paradise is now a different restaurant Tacos and Beer same owner as Firefly, while the original Firefly restaurant moved a couple of doors down on Paradise.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:50 PM

30 posts, read 18,502 times
I'd like to check out the new Griddle Cafe at SLS for breakfast sometime.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:31 PM

427 posts, read 627,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalilida View Post
I'd like to check out the new Griddle Cafe at SLS for breakfast sometime.
I think food and restaurants are very subjective but here's my take on the place :
we went the week after opening. I had the blueberry pancakes. I thought they were awful; big but awful. Very dry and tasteless. My friend had some kind of egg dish with ham on the side; also awful.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:17 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,304,824 times
Griddle Cafe offers very expensive pancakes. Like $15.00 per order for breakfast???

The Fat Choy restaurant menu looked interesting but the french fries looked very greasy and dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas