Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM

686 posts, read 3,716,710 times

Advertisements

Here are some of the pics from near my friends house in Boulder City, southeast of Vegas. The coolest thing about Boulder City is the closeness to nature. On our way back from Dinner at Caesar's Palace, there were coyote's near the house chasing HUGE rabbits. Pretty cool. Didn't think I would see that in Vegas. Sorry there aren't more residential pics. let me say we drove all over town and the residential areas are stunning.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 10:41 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,865 times
Good pics and thanks for posting for everyone to see. I do have a question . . .

Is that UFO in the third picture from the top? It sure looks like they're beaming something up, or maybe they're shooting at one of those Area 51 employee flights that take off from McCarren.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:41 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Great photo's Daniel. I'll get some up after my trip next month. I'm primarily house hunting so will do the residential side, a white MT. Charleston, the Hoover Dam and all around Vegas. Maybe even get out to Pahrump and some of the Cat House's (HA) so Sherriff and JFK can actually have some good negative comments to add to this.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:00 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Were a couple of those from Mt Charleston? It's just like Utah or Colorado once you're up there, great little "secret" place, I always recommend to friends, for a quick getaway from the Strip.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 AM

Yup. Went up to Mount charleston the day after I got to Vegas. my friends fiancee is a minister, so we drove up there for a church service. Very nice place to visit when you want to get away from the heat. It was well over 100 in vegas and I think it was 79 or 80 up on the mountain.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 AM

66 posts, read 255,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Here are some of the pics from near my friends house in Boulder City, southeast of Vegas. The coolest thing about Boulder City is the closeness to nature. On our way back from Dinner at Caesar's Palace, there were coyote's near the house chasing HUGE rabbits. Pretty cool. Didn't think I would see that in Vegas. Sorry there aren't more residential pics. let me say we drove all over town and the residential areas are stunning.

The pictures aren't showing up for me

Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Here are the pics again. Found out I had them saved on my photobucket. These were taken in Boulder City. Enjoy! Hope this works:

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Very nice pics. You have a knack for photography. But one thing is missing which distorts anyones opinion about Vegas. I looked and re-looked at all those neat pictures. All the street pics have one thing in common. There are no cars. How long did you have to sit in one place waiting for a break in the
ferocious traffic jambs? Must have been early Sunday morning pics.

You should have added some neat pics of 95 or 15.

No matter......great tourist pics. Thanks for sharing !

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 AM

thanks, this was on a Thursday around 11:30 AM. There were a few cars but not many. I saw maybe 4 or 5 pass me on my walk. It was nice to not have inhale car fumes and capture photos. Thanks for the compliment. This is the first time I'd ever taken photos with a digital camera and posted them. Glad you like. I wanted to head back to Vegas to visit friends again and take more pics, but i'm moving back to Anchorage in April.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Thanks for the pix. I've lived here longer than anywhere else in my life and have never really taken that many pictures that show off the town. These pix show our valley from the eyes of a tourist and the way we all see it everyday without the airbrushed look of professional portraits. This is the REAL Las Vegas.

And, you're right about digital. It allows you to fire away without worrying about how much film you're wasting or how much the prints will cost, so you can record whatever you see.

We hope you can come back again some time and take more pix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas