Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 11:08 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times

Advertisements

Quiet, secluded, gorgeous, proximity to red rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM

15,838 posts, read 14,472,390 times
Except for the high tension lines, the power lines in Vegas are underground. So you won't have the hanging sneaker problem.

I tend to like southwester parts of Henderson (Green Vally Ranch, McDonald Highlands, Seven Hills, etc.) Basically the area west of I-515 and south of I-215. You're price range is toward the lower end of the prices in this area.

I also like the farther points of the west side, straddling the I-215, through Summerlin south and north into Summerlin proper. Prices are lower in the southern part of this range, but the northern part seems to have less crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWheels View Post
Hey all.

My wife and I are currently planning on relocating to Vegas this Spring from Cape Cod. We're wondering which part we should be looking in. We don't have kids and don't plan on having them. I'm 42, she's 45. Commute time isn't really a factor as we're both previously from NYC.

We're looking at houses in the 250-300 range. Ideally, we'd like a place with a little more than 5,000 sq/ft of land. We have a 24' enclosed trailer we need to house somewhere. It looks like this narrows our options a bit, but it also looks like such places exist.

I just don't want to end up in a part of town where there are sneakers hanging from the power lines if you know what I'm sayin'!

Thanks in advance for your help and I apologize if y'all are sick of answering this question!

Marc

Old 10-12-2014, 12:22 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
Me personally, I would like to live in Paradise Palms(89169) in one of those great MCM houses.

But that's me. I would tell you the same old standard Henderson or Summerlin.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,679,215 times
There are no schools there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Quiet, secluded, gorgeous, proximity to red rock.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:32 PM

204 posts, read 318,896 times
The Vistas or Paseo or whatever it is called. West of the 215 off Charleston for me. I live a few miles from there. I walk my dogs and bike up there nearly every week. Love the view overlooking the city.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:30 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
First, you probably won't find a house with that much land, unless it's a ranchette in the NW part of town.

But, if I was going to move I'd like a house at Desert Shores on one of the lakes.

Next choice might be The Pueblo along the Pueblo Park Trail.

Third would be Peccole Ranch along the park trail.

Then I might like a house next door to my daughter so I could stop by and bother her every day. She lives in one of the nicest neighborhoods in North Las Vegas, otherwise I wouldn't live in NLV.

Some place up on Black Mountain might be nice too for the views and a little nature. Although I might be allergic to volcanic rock.

My real choice is probably Carmel by The Sea, CA, overlooking the ocean.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:48 AM

14 posts, read 22,517 times
Well that certainly gives is a lot to check out. Thanks!

If it comes down to it, we can always store the trailer I guess. We were just hoping to avoid another payment. It seems like there are a fair amount of homes that have a spot for "RV's" on the market. Thanks for reminding me of the HOA's though. Are they truly as horrible as they sound?

We're actually now thinking of renting first anyway. It just seems like the logistics with closing on our house here and moving the animals will just be easier that way. It'll probably give us time to scope out an area as well...

Thanks for the help, again!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:15 PM

427 posts, read 630,416 times
<< Thanks for reminding me of the HOA's though. Are they truly as horrible as they sound? >>>

I like that cars can't be parked on blocks in the front yard, that the front yard has to be maintained, that cars/ RV's can't be parked on the street, that dogs can't bark all day and night.
I think it helps protects my property value.
There are no rules here I can't live with. Since I have 2 large dogs I checked the rules first, since some communities have restrictions on the number and size of pets.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:48 PM

455 posts, read 651,595 times
Northwest - north of Lone Mountain, west of Decatur. Plenty of choices with large lots and RV gates/parking that are allowed by the HOA.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:54 PM

775 posts, read 776,194 times
We live in the 89128 area West of the 95. Right on the Summerlin border but sans the high HOA fees. Love it, been here 16 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas