Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:00 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The battery pack held up for that long?
My Altima Hybrid had over 180K when I traded it in for my Camry Hybrid. Never once had a single problem with the batteries and they still performed just as good on my last day of ownership as they did on my first day of ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:03 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
whats the gas mileage on the Camry? Do you take it for a smog like regular vehicles?

Old 10-16-2014, 10:34 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
whats the gas mileage on the Camry? Do you take it for a smog like regular vehicles?
It is only 2.5 years old and has never had to be smog checked. Over the life of the car thus far I am averaging 39.3MPG, based on what the little computer in the dash tells me over my 87K miles driven.

Biggest factor in fuel mileage for me is my tires. Keeping them at 38PSI seems to result in best mileage. 2nd biggest factor is where I buy gas. Car absolutely hates Sam's Club and I see MPG drops of over 5MPG when I have used it. MPG seems best with Shell or Chevron gas.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
the nevada dmv site was vague, says alternative fuel vehicles are exempt (partially alternative?)...and the DMV in CA they are all exempt, all models. Isn't a 2007 within the first 5 models?
Hybrids are exempt in CA because they still stick the probe in the exhaust, and a hybrid will shut off its engine during the test and just sit there doing nothing.

CA is supposed to switch over to OBD-II only testing for smog inspections, but is years behind schedule I believe. Just a monstrous bureaucracy slowly being dragged through change. OBD-II will probably be obsolete by the time they make the switch. They there will be another multiyear study and plan to transition to whatever replaces OBD-II.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:46 PM

526 posts, read 832,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
The dealer lied. How much did they ding you for?
It was $42, But I dinged him good and got great deal. He credited me for sales tax when I told him if I was buying a private deal -- no sales tax. He also lowered the Doc fee. I got it for 15% lower than Kelly BB lowest value. So I am happy.
By the way car is fantastic. Getting 49mpg on my first fill-up. Will do better as I learn how to drive it..

Old 10-18-2014, 11:57 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the prius was a smart choice.. the resale values are unbelievable on the japanese hybrids…..i still have a 2002 honda insight with 130k.. i can still get $6k all day for it….
So far we've been EXTREMELY happy with it. Getting 51 MPG all day long. Can't believe we've waited so long to get one...very true about the resale values.

There are a ton of deals to be had out in CA for these prius'...you can almost make a business of flipping them out here in Vegas.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
It is only 2.5 years old and has never had to be smog checked. Over the life of the car thus far I am averaging 39.3MPG, based on what the little computer in the dash tells me over my 87K miles driven.

Biggest factor in fuel mileage for me is my tires. Keeping them at 38PSI seems to result in best mileage. 2nd biggest factor is where I buy gas. Car absolutely hates Sam's Club and I see MPG drops of over 5MPG when I have used it. MPG seems best with Shell or Chevron gas.
Stay away from mini mart gas and go for shell or chevron every time (my preference is Chevron)...

Old 10-19-2014, 12:10 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Since it gets so hot in Las Vegas, it is doubly important that you insure that your battery fan works (sends some cool air from the cabin to the battery). First link shows what it can look like:

Luscious Garage | Blog | Prius battery cooling fan cleaning, P0A82

and this one has a link to the instructions to service it yourself:

Battery Fan Cleaning | PriusChat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: