Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 12:20 AM

557 posts, read 793,333 times

Advertisements

Calling you out Raiderman for lying about having kids and then deleting your lying post seconds later.
on 10/25/14 today in this thread response# 132 all on this forum can see you quoting you have kids and stated:

"Originally Posted by Raiderman
Quite the contrary. I just raised them with decency."

I quote your comment before you delete it. Now read a prior thread in your own words below about not having kids. Typical lying car salesman. Your credibility is zero. Why would you lie about having kids. Why would you comment on how I raise my kids when you don't have any ? Pathetic buddy.

Raidermans quote 1/23/14 topic " Education: Bottom Ten States...Nevada's Not In It " response number 2

Not on any side, as I really could not possibly care less about the school system here, BUT:

"The K-12 Achievement Index, one indicator in Education Week’s recently released “Quality Counts” report, measures key education outcomes and provides ranks and grades for each state based on their commitment to improve educational policies and practices. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the states with the best and worst scores for K-12 achievement."

^ isn't that a pretty random statistic? What do the other 1 or 100,000 indicators in the report that a magazine made up say about the state of the schools here? One can pretty much make a statistic say anything they want.

Again, no kids here, don't care about the schools, but it's a pretty random survey-thingy there.

Last edited by Onlyliveonce; 10-26-2014 at 12:36 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 03:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Calling you out Raiderman for lying about having kids and then deleting your lying post seconds later.
on 10/25/14 today in this thread response# 132 all on this forum can see you quoting you have kids and stated:

"Originally Posted by Raiderman
Quite the contrary. I just raised them with decency."

I quote your comment before you delete it. Now read a prior thread in your own words below about not having kids. Typical lying car salesman. Your credibility is zero. Why would you lie about having kids. Why would you comment on how I raise my kids when you don't have any ? Pathetic buddy.

Raidermans quote 1/23/14 topic " Education: Bottom Ten States...Nevada's Not In It " response number 2

Not on any side, as I really could not possibly care less about the school system here, BUT:

"The K-12 Achievement Index, one indicator in Education Week’s recently released “Quality Counts” report, measures key education outcomes and provides ranks and grades for each state based on their commitment to improve educational policies and practices. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the states with the best and worst scores for K-12 achievement."

^ isn't that a pretty random statistic? What do the other 1 or 100,000 indicators in the report that a magazine made up say about the state of the schools here? One can pretty much make a statistic say anything they want.

Again, no kids here, don't care about the schools, but it's a pretty random survey-thingy there.
He said " no kids HERE". He is semi- retired himself and has no dog in the education fight.

He deleted his post because he didn't want to go way off-topic and leave a mess for our mod to clean up.

Now, go and have yourself a very nice day.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:33 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He said " no kids HERE". He is semi- retired himself and has no dog in the education fight.

He deleted his post because he didn't want to go way off-topic and leave a mess for our mod to clean up.

I think I delete at least a post a week just to keep threads on topic. Still doesn't help though. Lol

Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
My wife has told me horror stories about waste at her school. Millions of our taxpayer dollars frittered away stupidly. There is no accountability.

There's no point to even being a whistleblower. Everyone involved with the school system sees the waste every day. Nobody does anything about it. Why bother? It's like trying to keep back the tide with a broom.

Same for all other government agencies/departments, there is waste. What happened to auditing of the finances for the school district and in each school. There is accountability and those spending the budget wisely should be given recognition and be set as an example. Don't deny the school district much needed funding, there are students in temporary classrooms, students in over crowded classrooms. School need computers......I'll vote YES on Questions 2 and 3.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:20 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,290 times
......to those not reporting abuse/waste they are part of the problem.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
School need computers......I'll vote YES on Questions 2 and 3.
All schools have more computers than they know what do with(words from several teachers). My daughter has access to a desktop and laptop ar her school along with her own iPad that is assigned to her from school. Mostly all Mac computers too. I'm sure someone got a nice kickback with the CCSD/Apple contract.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

We all as a society have a dog in the education fight. I guess you are one of those people who say " would you like fries with that " as a 50 something year old bitter woman "

Ah the " my EX this, my EX that " speaks and knows it all. I figured he either had no kids or as a young 40 something left his young kids in another State across the country instead of being a full time father to them. This came about after he questioned my parenting skills. Again he either lied or left his kids behind 2500 miles away. Very early 40's ( raidermans own words ) would make his kids young adults only if he had kids as a teenager with a different woman and maybe no wife or divorced, if the kids are not young adults then we have a father skipping town leaving his young kid or kids . At least instead of being a full time dad, he has discounted buffet and slot play at Green Valley Ranch ( what a hollow life ) What ever way it is, this person gives me parenting advice (LOL)

BTW, I just really think the " who cares about the schools here " is very shellfish and "un American " using raidermans words. Now you ghetto girl have an extremely nice day and enjoy your position in life.

Last edited by Onlyliveonce; 10-26-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
All schools have more computers than they know what do with(words from several teachers). My daughter has access to a desktop and laptop ar her school along with her own iPad that is assigned to her from school. Mostly all Mac computers too. I'm sure someone got a nice kickback with the CCSD/Apple contract.
Von, this a good thing. Back east with very high school taxes, my kids had to share a few windows lap tops among as many as 30 students.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Von, this a good thing. Back east with very high school taxes, my kids had to share a few windows lap tops among as many as 30 students.
Not saying it is good or bad. Just pointing out that there is more than enough computers to go around CCSD. One Mac computer can be traded in for 2-3 windows computers. So, for a school district to invest in top of the line computers, sounds like a program or someone is well funded. But I will admit that my daughter does benefit from having access to computers and very reliable wifi at her school.

Every school in the valley and country should be this way.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Not saying it is good or bad. Just pointing out that there is more than enough computers to go around CCSD. One Mac computer can be traded in for 2-3 windows computers. So, for a school district to invest in top of the line computers, sounds like a program or someone is well funded. But I will admit that my daughter does benefit from having access to computers and very reliable wifi at her school.

Every school in the valley and country should be this way.
Agreed. When my youngest went to Northwest Tech, he had access to great equipment. It's a really good school. If the funds from question 3 were going to be used to expand the magnet program, I'd be totally for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas