Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:07 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,248,930 times

Advertisements

I usually take my watches to the guy in the Fantastic Flea Market, that does repairs and they sell watches. There are several watch booths, but I think theirs is the only one that repairs. I'm usually after a band adjustment. As others have said, some repair shops charge two or three times as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:35 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,663,548 times
Most of these Watch Repair shops in Malls are run by people of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh background. Usually they charge anywhere between 5 to 10 Dollars to replace Watch Batteries. In reality they are cheap Chinese Batteries. In India, the same battery can be replaced for as low as 50 cents. They get their friends/families to send batteries from India to US and then charge upto 20 times more. Labor costs I suppose!!! It is always advisable to Bargain for price a little bit while dealing with them.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:10 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,307,006 times
This question was asked a year ago. When I replied Wal-Mart, someone responded to me that Wal-mart doesn't replace batteries any longer. They are incorrect. Yesterday, 9-27-15, my watch battery was replaced at the store off Tropicana. $5.00..........

Old 09-29-2015, 12:13 AM

775 posts, read 772,061 times
Had mine done at Walgreens but it was a few years ago.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,754,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Most of these Watch Repair shops in Malls are run by people of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh background. Usually they charge anywhere between 5 to 10 Dollars to replace Watch Batteries. In reality they are cheap Chinese Batteries. In India, the same battery can be replaced for as low as 50 cents. They get their friends/families to send batteries from India to US and then charge upto 20 times more. Labor costs I suppose!!! It is always advisable to Bargain for price a little bit while dealing with them.
There's a guy at Broadacres who does it. For some reason, nobody wanted to touch my wife's Movado, not even a high-end brand. He replaced the battery with no problem, I just can't remember how much he charged, but it wasn't extravagant. And he was Chinese, not Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi

Old 09-29-2015, 01:41 PM

162 posts, read 241,381 times
I believe it depends on the manufacturer of the watch and, if it is an expensive Swiss one , I would stick with the Tonneau Watch store in the Forum Mall for expensive ones. Make sure the batteries you get were recently made. If it has a water proof back on it, make sure the battery installer has the right tool for removal of the back of the case and if is a water proof watch it is pressed or screwed on to the right tof required pressure.t. Watch out for the substitute battery model. Go online and retrieve the battery model for your model of watch and confirm that is what is being replaced.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:45 AM

390 posts, read 751,849 times
Some Walmarts do and some do not...depends if the employee was trained or not. Also needs to be something they sell I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas