Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 05:22 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella maris View Post
i dont know why anyone assumes i would be on the streets ? ive about $1,000 in savings and i assure you im.not going to be applying at a convenience store. im am attractive female in
my 30's i should be able to tap into.the club industry pretty quickly
Quote:
im sorry that i didnt clarify that i was seeking work in the industries this city is known for.....
$1000 equals living on the streets in a month. 30+ trying to break into the "club industry" isn't going to happen anywhere on or near the strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM

18 posts, read 22,470 times
transportation is my primary concern as well as affordable housing any advice would be.appreciated

Old 11-13-2014, 05:31 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times
Quote:
transportation is my primary concern as well as affordable housing any advice would be.appreciated
On your budget? Realistically bike, otherwise ride the bus. The bus routes leave a lot to be desired and you may find yourself without a working route if you are trying to ride too early in the morning or too late at night.

Lodging isn't even an option without a job and more than $1k, you will be living in slummy motels until you have no money. Most rentals are 1 year commitments, I managed to score a 6 month lease once. They are going to want referrals, a background check, first and last months rent, and proof of employment.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:42 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This town eats people like the OP.

I moved here a year ago and this town is currently chewing on me. It's unsure if it intends to swallow or not. It took me a year to get a decent job, and it's still not enough to adequately live on. Just enough to pay basic bills and a little bit of groceries. It will be 2-3 years before I have spending money.
This place is cheap to live too, so...

Also, I moved here with 7,000 dollars. That barely got me through until I got a job and place to stay. I don't gamble, do drugs, go out to eat, or do any of the expensive strip things.
I would strongly advise you to stay where you are until you have a job lined up, and a lot more in savings.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Budget Suites on the LV Blvd or Trop. Livable not deluxe.

Work the strip joints. You are not going to get into the club scene in a couple of weeks. Does not matter if you are a bomb shell. The clubs don't work that way.

Use the bus and Uber to get around. And if you get desperate head to town center and get a seasonal job.

We all discourage people in your position. It is kind of a kamikaze mission.

Let us know how it turns out. We actually root for you after we tell you that you are mad....

Old 11-13-2014, 06:08 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,012 times
Quote:
im sorry that i didnt clarify that i was seeking work in the industries this city is known for.....
Ah, so the OP is a prostitute. Got it.

Unfortunately for you, Haze nightclub at Aria, the known hangout for pimps and prostitutes (from what I read in the paper), closed at the beginning of the month. I'm not sure where they hang out now. Perhaps another poster will know. Good Luck.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I'm not sure where they hang out now. Perhaps another poster will know. Good Luck.

Boulder Highway.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Boulder Highway.
Do you really believe that making a living as an exotic dancer is in some way inferior to those who could not make it installing cable? Cab driving before that?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:04 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Do you really believe that making a living as an exotic dancer is in some way inferior to those who could not make it installing cable? Cab driving before that?

Hell no. If I was a chick, that is what I'd be doing right now. Assuming I was anything resembling attractive. Some strippers make more than doctors.

Also, I freely admit that I suck at life.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Hell no. If I was a chick, that is what I'd be doing right now. Assuming I was anything resembling attractive. Some strippers make more than doctors.
Well not really. Some MDs prostitute pretty badly. But I think we agree more than disagree.

I am not trying to convince the Lady to jump into our swamp. But if she is going to do it anyway might as well give her the best way in with no money or contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas