Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,678,159 times

Advertisements

Can anyone find the salary info on henderson town web site? Searching for annual report or salary doesn't give any useful information.

I think OP's website salary information numbers are fake.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,983,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I don't understand where the OP is even coming from. Our taxes are so low here, it's laughable. I'm thinking maybe he got beat up by a firefighter once? Maybe a firefighter slept with his wife? Maybe he's jealous that he doesn't make very much money?

But to say our taxes are to high because we are paying lofty salaries is ridiculous. Our taxes are so low, that most people whom we tell don't believe us!

Their mindset can be summed up easily using this BASIC computer program:

10 GET HendersonBudgetOffice,currentyear,revenues,TAXES
20 IF TAXES>0
30 PRINT "Taxes are too high! We must cut salaries, benefits and programs to lower taxes!"
40 IF TAXES<=0 GOTO 60
50 GOTO 10
60 PRINT "We have achieved our Libertarian Utopia of a tax-free society. All hail the prophetess Ayn Rand!"
70 END

There is no reasoning with these people. All taxes are evil. They must be stamped out like cockroaches. Private industry will swoop in and provide products and services that will magically fill the void left by government. And people (even, say, mentally retarded adults), must adapt and learn to thrive in the new environment.

Again, this mindset is dirt common. Talk to lots of people. You'll hear all sorts of Libertarian catchphrases such as "Going Galt," "statist," "gold-standard," "economy-righting deflation," and similar.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:48 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,779,962 times
That sums up anarchal Libertarians. But there are extremists in any mindset. I don't think the majority of Libertarians want $0 taxes. I align most with the Libertarian party (although I only do so because I think it's the lesser of the 3 evils). But I am not an extremist, and know that we need taxes for infrastructure. Fire, police, teachers, roads, defense.

Like anything, views should be moderate.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:03 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,983,981 times
Quote:
That sums up anarchal Libertarians. But there are extremists in any mindset. I don't think the majority of Libertarians want $0 taxes. I align most with the Libertarian party (although I only do so because I think it's the lesser of the 3 evils). But I am not an extremist, and know that we need taxes for infrastructure. Fire, police, teachers, roads, defense.

I have yet to meet the Libertarian who doesn't want to pick and choose what government funds and what gets cut. OP obviously thinks it's just fine to cut government workers' wages to Wal*Mart levels. That's just a more extreme example of the Libertarian core belief system: getting to pick and choose what government programs are funded based on how beneficial they are to the Libertarian who is doing the picking and choosing.

I have yet to meet the Libertarian who doesn't think that they get to decide that we should fund X but not Y. It is little more than a philosophical justification for greed.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:04 AM

15,818 posts, read 14,456,446 times
Brockton,

Do live in Alabama or Henderson (prior to this thread, all your posts seem to be about AL)?

If you live in Henderson, run for City Council on your platform of cutting police salaries and converting the FD to all volunteer. See how far you get.

[personal]

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 09:05 AM

57 posts, read 60,776 times
Quote:

I know we need taxes too, but not to pay firemen and cops 200k, 300k, 400k, and even 500k per year, that is stealing! I am far from an extremist, but it's absolutely crazy that someone making 30k should have to pay one penny towards this madness. Average pay per person is less than 28k in Vegas, I'm not for robbing someone to pay someone else a ridiculous salary. Then the retire will multi-million dollar pensions, huge drop scams, huge sick time scams, HC for life ect, it's criminal or it should be.

I'm all for taxes for roads, teachers, defense ect but not people who are abusing the tax pay because of a broken system.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:14 AM

57 posts, read 60,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Brockton,

Do live in Alabama or Henderson (prior to this thread, all your posts seem to be about AL)?

If you live in Henderson, run for City Council on your platform of cutting police salaries and converting the FD to all volunteer. See how far you get.

I have a place in Alabama and Nevada. In Alabama they don't allow people to steal like they do here. We don't have one paid firemen in our whole county, not one. I've helped out putting out a couple fires, actually had fun doing it, it's not a big deal. Our cops are paid what they are worth, not what they can pay their buddies to get them. So you think it's fine that cops and firemen make 200k to 500k? If you do, you're too dumb to see it will destroy you kids future, they will have to pay for our generation not caring enough to stop this madness.

You are right, see how that works out for me if I did run. The cities here are so imbedded with unions and people padding their own pockets it would be impossible without the average joe's getting involved.

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 12-19-2014, 09:17 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,386,349 times
I'll reopen this, but it needs to stay focused on the Henderson SALARY issue. If it goes beyond that, then it will be closed again.

And, no name calling, please.

Last edited by observer53; 12-19-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 12:44 PM

848 posts, read 647,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
Can anyone find the salary info on henderson town web site? Searching for annual report or salary doesn't give any useful information.

I think OP's website salary information numbers are fake.
Here is a link to a Web site where you can look up the salaries of public employees throughout Nevada: Public sector salary information for Nevada state employees.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:55 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,678,159 times
I know that site.

I'm just wondering where they got the data from?

Searching Henderson web site doesn't give anything.

Transparentnevada information seem to be off. Transparentnevada could be fudging data. Afterall it is serving ads to make money.

Check out NYC fire fighter levels
Firefighter Benefits and Salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Here is a link to a Web site where you can look up the salaries of public employees throughout Nevada: Public sector salary information for Nevada state employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas