Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 02:29 PM

57 posts, read 60,929 times

Advertisements

Public sector salary information for Henderson employees

Search Results

Search Results

Why is this alright with the people who live here? While the average Joe makes 27.4k.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:34 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,814,074 times
What other people make has little bearing on where I decide to live.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:41 PM

So you have no problem with over paid public workers and your taxes going up every year to pay for them? Good comment!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:44 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,486,062 times
This happens everywhere, not just LAS. Try the POC Forum if you just want to rant. It's that way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Old 12-18-2014, 02:53 PM

15,889 posts, read 14,579,057 times
How are you defining overpaid? Henderson is a city of a quarter million people with almost 3,000 employees and a half a billion dollar budget. If you want to get competent people to run the place you're going to have to pay them. What would people running the equivalent private sector company be getting paid.

If the citizens of Henderson are unhappy with how the city is being run, they can pressure their elected representatives to fire the people in question. If they think there are too many employees to perform particular functions and/or the functions are unnecessary, the voters can put pressure to fix that also. But if you want good people, you're going to have to pay for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocktonBoxers View Post
So you have no problem with over paid public workers and your taxes going up every year to pay for them? Good comment!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:57 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,814,074 times
Quote:
Nope, because I moved here from the NorthEast where everything was taxed, overtaxed, doubletaxed. supertaxed, etc. Here I have no income tax, property tax is INCREDIBLY low, sales tax is about average, just about everything is less expensive. So, no, I don't think they're overpaid, and, if my taxes are going up, I hadn't noticed. What taxes go up every year in Henderson to pay for the city employees, specifically? (honest question, as I haven't noticed anything getting more expensive)...

Old 12-18-2014, 02:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,049,575 times
Or, perhaps the problem is that the Average Joe is underpaid. Whenever the subject of wages comes up, people will fall squarely into one of two camps -- the people who want to see salaries increase, particularly near the low-end; and the people who want to see everyone (except for themselves, of course) make next to nothing.

A person's entire political outlook can be gleaned from how they feel about wages and wealth inequity.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:00 PM

Yup I see your firemen in Golds Gym and Costco all the time, there should be no paid firemen in NV. 71% of all firemen are volunteers in the USA. Very, very few fires and private ambulance services do just fine. If you want to pay for firemen pay them per fire instead of letting them rob the tax payers blind.

100k cops, are you people out of your minds?

Then add the Drop scams, sick time scams, cola's for life scams, huge early retirements and you kids will be in the poor house trying to pay for all of them.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Or, perhaps the problem is that the Average Joe is underpaid. Whenever the subject of wages comes up, people will fall squarely into one of two camps -- the people who want to see salaries increase, particularly near the low-end; and the people who want to see everyone (except for themselves, of course) make next to nothing.

A person's entire political outlook can be gleaned from how they feel about wages and wealth inequity.

Not one doubt the average Joe is under paid. Gov wages have gotten out of control at every level though, then they get all the scam benefits off the backs of people who make 1 tenth of what they make.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:10 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,195,511 times
Quote:
Yup I see your firemen in Golds Gym and Costco all the time, there should be no paid firemen in NV. 71% of all firemen are volunteers in the USA. Very, very few fires and private ambulance services do just fine. If you want to pay for firemen pay them per fire instead of letting them rob the tax payers blind.

100k cops, are you people out of your minds?

Then add the Drop scams, sick time scams, cola's for life scams, huge early retirements and you kids will be in the poor house trying to pay for all of them.
I have an in-law friend that is a fire fighter. He spends more time administering emergency aide for heat stroke/stress related illnesses than putting out fires. How should that pay scale work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas