Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:50 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I like german cars such as the m3, and i've owned an m3 and they are great cars and very fun to drive. You sound like your gonna have a good time. lucky guy~
Depending on how much leeway they give me, it should be a blast. The only reason I picked the B7 was because I didn't just want to drive one car, and it was really the only other one worth driving. Not a car that I'm particularly interested in, too "grown up" for me, if you will. This drive should be the deciding factor though, on whether I will get an E90/E92 a couple of years from now or if I will get a slightly used E46 ZCP or possibly even the 135i (not likely). I will definitely report back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 10:21 AM

645 posts, read 706,473 times
https://www.groupon.com/deals/p7-performance-2 saw that in groupon but can't find any review for the company, must be new. anyone heard of it?

any other exotic/sports car rental companies here in vegas?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:24 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/

They have a Vegas chapter. Expect to pay 2 grand+ a day for anything decent.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:12 PM

526 posts, read 832,349 times
When I lived in VT there was a Ferrari mechanic in next town over ---- Restoration and Performance Motorcars.

He used to have customers from all over the world..he was that good.
They would fly their Ferraris in so he could work on them.
One day about 8 Ferraris came into my parking lot to get a snack (I owned a general store).
When they were ready to leave, one of them would not start. Typical of them.
They had to leave it until Peter (mechanic) come over the next day and got it started.

Not a reliable vehicle, just exotic, expensive toy.

The V-12 did sound fantastic....

Old 10-16-2015, 08:45 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
The Porsche 911 at $250 isn't that bad a deal. That's a lot of fun for not a whole lot of coin. Do a lap around Mt. Charleston -- here to Pahrump to Indian Springs back to Las Vegas. Plenty of spots to open it up a bit.

And it's considerably less likely to crap-out on that loop than a Ferrari.

Here's an article about Ferraris that I agree with completely:

Owning A Ferrari For A Year Was A Disappointment

Old 10-17-2015, 01:14 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
https://www.groupon.com/deals/p7-performance-2 saw that in groupon but can't find any review for the company, must be new. anyone heard of it?

any other exotic/sports car rental companies here in vegas?
Those rentals are way overpriced for what you are getting. If I have the need for speed, I would rent this for only $75 a day. I have been considering doing it, but am afraid I will get into trouble.

https://relayrides.com/car-rental/la...-series/123107

Old 10-18-2015, 10:19 PM

638 posts, read 593,618 times
I had a friend who was coming over to my place in his Audi R8, unfortunately he had to turn round and get the Merc G63 AMG instead, he couldn't get over the speedbumps!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:27 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,587,847 times
Anytime you rent an exotic car be sure to check what the insurance options are. I looked into renting a Ferrari and I looked into buying their collision damage waiver so as to not use my insurance. The deductible was $4K apparently roughly the cost if I knocked a mirror off.

Obviously your regular insurance would cover you as a substitute vehicle. On the other hand, I would check first as there may be a problem with covering a vehicle that costs so much more than your insured vehicle and is a performance vehicle.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Most insurances won't cover an exotic rental. A fender bender in a Ferrari can easily max out your coverage allotment.

A friend of mine had someone hit his Lamborghini Diablo and it cost 86,000 to fix. The amount of damage was such that if it happened to my car, I'd expect to pay 1,000 tops. Insurance companies know this, and often won't cover it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas