Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:16 AM

661 posts, read 630,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
I think Century Link is slowly building out their Fiber Optic footprint in the Valley. Soon as they come to my area, it's going to be bye bye Cox. On the mid tier paying $67
CenturyLink 10mbps costs $67 per month. Cox just increased their rate to $66.99 for the Preferred 50mbps service. I think it's a no-brainer which service I would choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 10:42 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
CenturyLink 10mbps costs $67 per month. Cox just increased their rate to $66.99 for the Preferred 50mbps service. I think it's a no-brainer which service I would choose.

yeah, but their fiber optic network will give you 1 gigibit speeds:

https://www.centurylink.com/fiber/pl...-vegas-nevada/

Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times
Never thought I would be saying this, but I am in the middle of cancelling direct ty/century link package.
Cox increased their internet charges at the same time I lost my new customer promo. They did reduce the increase by 50% for 6 mo. After spending all of fri nt and all of sat nt on the phone with direct tv, their sales co, and century link, I found out on Monday that they omitted some fees. After 3 hrs on the phone with century link tech support I discover that my modem and router are not compatible. Also, Direct tv charges more to use a Tivo than Cox.
I was actually going to go OTA because I don't like cable co either but I have a balcony in my HOA with a direction not conducive to OTA (according to Mr. Antenna).
The bottom line is that I went from high speed cox cable to medium and will still be about $5-$10 dollars less than with century link and Direct tv. I was really surprised but I have the cox economy pkg and it does keep costs a lot lower.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:29 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Never thought I would be saying this, but I am in the middle of cancelling direct ty/century link package.
Cox increased their internet charges at the same time I lost my new customer promo. They did reduce the increase by 50% for 6 mo. After spending all of fri nt and all of sat nt on the phone with direct tv, their sales co, and century link, I found out on Monday that they omitted some fees. After 3 hrs on the phone with century link tech support I discover that my modem and router are not compatible. Also, Direct tv charges more to use a Tivo than Cox.
I was actually going to go OTA because I don't like cable co either but I have a balcony in my HOA with a direction not conducive to OTA (according to Mr. Antenna).
The bottom line is that I went from high speed cox cable to medium and will still be about $5-$10 dollars less than with century link and Direct tv. I was really surprised but I have the cox economy pkg and it does keep costs a lot lower.

I would not let Mr. Antenna stop you from trying OTA. I am willing to bet you get good reception with this indoor antenna http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-U...rds=TV+antenna attached to a indoor wall in your home. The only channels you will not get is 21.2 Cozi TV and 21.3 Antenna TV because they operate in the low VHF spectrum.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:15 PM

For those following Sling TV. AMC and IFC went live yesterday as part of the basic package. They also added four Epix movie channels and Sundance for another $5. Now I am wishing for Fox News, business and movie channels to come aboard. Also having access to BBC America and the Encore channels would be a nice edition also.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Gimme history channel, bbc america, and hallmark channel and im there

Old 03-05-2015, 02:33 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Gimme history channel, bbc america, and hallmark channel and im there
It will have both versions of BBC. I posted the link to the press release in the other thread about Sling TV.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:06 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
For those following Sling TV. AMC and IFC went live yesterday as part of the basic package. They also added four Epix movie channels and Sundance for another $5. Now I am wishing for Fox News, business and movie channels to come aboard. Also having access to BBC America and the Encore channels would be a nice edition also.
They support the FireTv box now. I signed back up and got 14 days for free. AMC looks great just like the other channels. Seriously good.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 PM

239 posts, read 194,643 times
I'm considering getting Sling TV. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks !

Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvn88 View Post
I'm considering getting Sling TV. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks !

I have been running it on a couple of Roku 3 in the house and it has been working without any issues. Now only you can decide the value of the package since the channels are sparse at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: