Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:42 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times

Advertisements

If you do decide to take the risk, check to see if your airline has a later flight just in case something happens. You could even see if they will increase your layover at no additional cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 01:17 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Stay in the airport. Four hours is cutting it close. Just make plans to comeback to Vegas for a visit. If possible fly in at night to see the Lights.
no its not.. not on a Tuesday or Wednesday… now if it was Sunday or Monday different story….

Old 01-25-2015, 04:49 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
So much bad info on this thread it is scary.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:58 PM

775 posts, read 776,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houranis View Post
Thanks guys for information.
If my flight arrives late, I'd skip the tour of course. Also if I find airport is too crowded, I'd skip it too. I won't risk my flight. The good thing that I don't have luggage with me; since it's a connection flight, my luggage will go directly to my final destination.
I guess we will land on Terminal 1.
You won't actually land AT T1 - that would not be good!! You land on the runway, exit, then taxi to your gate which is AT Terminal 1. ATC are very specific and they definitely won't like you if you try and land on terminal 1. It shows you are a newbie!.....😉

Old 01-25-2015, 06:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You might want to plan out one place to hit, maybe have a quick meal, and head back.

Keep in mind, I've seen some horrendous security lines at McCarren.
I wouldn't risk it. You can gamble in the airport if that's what you want. Four hours is not enough to take a cab to the airport and back and get through security with an more than an hour or so at the strip, and not worth the $50+ cab fare. We once had a two hour layover and barely had time to eat despite not having to go back through the security check. The flight from McCarren to Burbank loaded 1/2 hour early, and only had 24 passengers. That was an 8pm flight.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I wouldn't risk it. You can gamble in the airport if that's what you want. Four hours is not enough to take a cab to the airport and back and get through security with an more than an hour or so at the strip, and not worth the $50+ cab fare. We once had a two hour layover and barely had time to eat despite not having to go back through the security check. The flight from McCarren to Burbank loaded 1/2 hour early, and only had 24 passengers. That was an 8pm flight.
Have you considered the downside risk. Off hand I can't think of a better place to get stuck overnight. Don't do it in Cleveland or even Chicago.

But no it is not a terrible outcome if the transit gods decide your number comes up.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Have you considered the downside risk. Off hand I can't think of a better place to get stuck overnight. Don't do it in Cleveland or even Chicago.

But no it is not a terrible outcome if the transit gods decide your number comes up.
It's so cheap to stay in Las Vegas if you get stuck. lol

Old 01-25-2015, 07:13 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
So much bad info on this thread it is scary.
Really which part? You are outside the airport, not inside..

Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Really which part? You are outside the airport, not inside..
1. We have people saying a cab ride from the airport to MGM takes 20 minutes... If it takes 20 minutes, I hope the cab broke down and the driver is pushing it up Tropicana while it's in neutral. Should not take more than 10... There's only 3 lights along the way.

2. We have people saying it's a $15 cab ride (plus tip) and others are saying $50+
Terminal 1 to MGM is between $11 and $13. You exit the airport, make a single left turn and straight in... 12 bucks... 50 is simply retarded.

3. The days of the week that are busy...
Whoever said Wednesday is a busy day there is out of touch.
True that I don't go IN the airport... But I can tell what is going on by tracking flight departures / arrivals as well as the drop off and loading areas.

These are just a few things to start with...

Old 01-26-2015, 10:29 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
1. We have people saying a cab ride from the airport to MGM takes 20 minutes... If it takes 20 minutes, I hope the cab broke down and the driver is pushing it up Tropicana while it's in neutral. Should not take more than 10... There's only 3 lights along the way.

2. We have people saying it's a $15 cab ride (plus tip) and others are saying $50+
Terminal 1 to MGM is between $11 and $13. You exit the airport, make a single left turn and straight in... 12 bucks... 50 is simply retarded.

3. The days of the week that are busy...
Whoever said Wednesday is a busy day there is out of touch.
True that I don't go IN the airport... But I can tell what is going on by tracking flight departures / arrivals as well as the drop off and loading areas.

These are just a few things to start with...
So true. Most people here in this forum are like the average person in Vegas. They think either they or one of their next door neighbors are going to be victims of a home invasion, they think if they buy a home it will certainly lose 25% in value and they truly believe if you build something new traffic is certain to develop which will add 30 minutes to any drive they might have to do.

Las Vegas, the land of the extremely worried resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: