Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:53 PM

77 posts, read 105,469 times

Advertisements

Twoshaiy

Old 03-19-2019, 09:23 PM

124 posts, read 105,849 times
Um, well, ya see,

YOU CAN'T SPEND GDP!!!

-von

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Nah bro, when you spend all your GDP on military, you get a lot of dumb farks

Old 03-20-2019, 11:44 AM

755 posts, read 399,946 times
Quote:
Nah bro, when you spend all your GDP on military, you get a lot of dumb farks
Good one. L O L

Old 03-20-2019, 11:45 AM

755 posts, read 399,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
Um, well, ya see,

YOU CAN'T SPEND GDP!!!

-von
Probably a teacher for CCSD

Old 03-20-2019, 12:48 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2thunder View Post
Twoshaiy
My lol was re grammar Nazi. Anyone can mistype or have autocorrect jerk them around. I noticed this morning it sorta came out wrong.

I like picking on arics. He seems to be a pretty cool dude (assumption there). Anyone who cares enough about a pet to give them CBD for pain is okay in my book.

Sashay right back at ya. LOL

Old 03-20-2019, 01:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
My lol was re grammar Nazi. Anyone can mistype or have autocorrect jerk them around. I noticed this morning it sorta came out wrong.

I like picking on arics. He seems to be a pretty cool dude (assumption there). Anyone who cares enough about a pet to give them CBD for pain is okay in my book.

Sashay right back at ya. LOL
thanks tek.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander666 View Post
Probably a teacher for CCSD
Wow. Just wow.

GDP is a measurement of total goods & services produced by a country.

You do not spend a measurement. Period.

The correct statement would have been: "Our Military budget (appropriations, really) represents a higher percentage of our total Federal expenditures than other industrialized western nations".

YOU.DO.NOT.SPEND.GDP.

And THANK GOD we have a strong Military. It gives pukes like you the right to bash our Government on a public forum, without fear of repercussions including the death sentence.

PS: The single largest Federal expense is not the DOD, it is Social & Federal Assistance Programs like Social Security. Ironically, these expenditures are not included in our GDP numbers. They are neither a Service, nor a Product. Compared to this waste of money, the DOD is a bargain.

-von

Old 03-20-2019, 07:30 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
GDP can be measured as total income of a country. Not sure why people are nitpicking my statement, it's still valid and still stands.

There are plenty of articles that talk about military expenditure as a percentage of GDP, so yeah, the US spends too much of it's GDP on the military and not enough on education, as is evident by the comments in this thread.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:46 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
Wow. Just wow.

GDP is a measurement of total goods & services produced by a country.

You do not spend a measurement. Period.

The correct statement would have been: "Our Military budget (appropriations, really) represents a higher percentage of our total Federal expenditures than other industrialized western nations".

YOU.DO.NOT.SPEND.GDP.

And THANK GOD we have a strong Military. It gives pukes like you the right to bash our Government on a public forum, without fear of repercussions including the death sentence.

PS: The single largest Federal expense is not the DOD, it is Social & Federal Assistance Programs like Social Security. Ironically, these expenditures are not included in our GDP numbers. They are neither a Service, nor a Product. Compared to this waste of money, the DOD is a bargain.

-von
Edited, comments retracted because I was way out of line.

Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 03-20-2019 at 08:32 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 PM

Correct! Yes, now we're on the same page OS!

Military expenditures as a % of GDP is a valid measurement.

But that is NOT the same as the initial statement, which was we spend too much of our GDP on the military.

Very different. Not just semantics.

-von

Quote:
GDP can be measured as total income of a country. Not sure why people are nitpicking my statement, it's still valid and still stands.

There are plenty of articles that talk about military expenditure as a percentage of GDP, so yeah, the US spends too much of it's GDP on the military and not enough on education, as is evident by the comments in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas