Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 05:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times

Advertisements

I will just wait for the movie to come out. If directed by Michael Bay, there will be at least two or three explosions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 05:37 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I wouldn't put money on the kid who was arrested today being convicted of anything. Maybe he will. But if Marcellus was reporting this story, he would surely say, "Something is rotten in the state of Nevada."

This entire story stinks to high heaven, from the late night "driving lesson" all the way to today's confession by the husband that they knew the assailant all along. I'd bet on drugs if I was going to wager anything on this story.
Yeah, but would you wager a meal at your restaurant? That stuff is TASTY!

Old 02-19-2015, 06:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
I would continue to suggest waiting a while yet. The story continues to ricochet widely. Drugs? Unlikely though of course any individual could be a player in the drug trade...but the locals point out that locality has seen a police cruiser only twice in recent years...when Ms Myers was shot and today.

The location is basically Alta and Buffalo. Nicer tracts to the west.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:11 PM

8,408 posts, read 4,570,500 times
Everyone involved in this story is "rough around the edges".

This could turn any direction in the next 24 hours.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:33 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
What the hell are you talking about? This is a major, Las Vegas centered story. It's big enough that it showed up on the local News in NY. It would be strange if it was not being discussed here.

And, in case you hadn't notice, it seemed strange from the get go, and the story has been changing by the hour.

Really, what the hell is your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longton52 View Post
This forum has really sunk to a new low with this thread.

When the sensationalized headlines first broke, most of us realized that there was much more to this story, but that didn't stop the usual players from jumping on their soapboxes with their usual hysterical rants and comments. As facts were revealed and the story changed significantly, you'd think people would have learned to keep their mouths shut and wait for the rest of the facts. But oh no, why wait for the truth. Lets continue to respond to the sensationalism. Better yet, lets make stuff up.

Don't you people have lives? I mean seriously ... looking thru a strangers instagram like you're Dick Tracy (or should I say Dickless Tracy). Calling the family trash. Suggesting a drug deal gone bad or that the daughter was dating the shooter. What's wrong with you people? Get a life. And we wonder why kids today are bullies. Gee, I wonder where they learned their behaviors......
The truth will come out eventually. Shut up and wait for it. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,985,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Yeah, but would you wager a meal at your restaurant? That stuff is TASTY!
It's not my restaurant. I just work there. But I'd wager "I'll cook a meal using recipes from the place I work and bring it anywhere in the valley" in exchange for your wager of [fill-in-something-nice] if it turns out to NOT be drug related.

I'd take that bet in a minute, provided you're offering something nice. I think it's a safe bet that drugs are involved.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 AM

399 posts, read 547,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I wouldn't put money on the kid who was arrested today being convicted of anything. Maybe he will. But if Marcellus was reporting this story, he would surely say, "Something is rotten in the state of Nevada."

This entire story stinks to high heaven, from the late night "driving lesson" all the way to today's confession by the husband that they knew the assailant all along. I'd bet on drugs if I was going to wager anything on this story.
The credibility of the family is shattered already. So the suspect can basically invent any self-defense story and it will be very hard for the family to contradict it credibly as they have no credibility. So I don't think he'll get convicted of murder. Maybe manslaughter.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:30 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,125 times
hard to believe, the family seems like such upstanding, law abiding people, especially the son, with his tats and earring and all

Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
hard to believe, the family seems like such upstanding, law abiding people, especially the son, with his tats and earring and all
Tats and earrings don't mean much. Some of the nerdiest people have them. But the drugs and guns tell a different story.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:28 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,780,695 times
I'm on the fence on whether or not it was drugs the girl was buying at 11:30p, or if the shooter was her bf/ex-bf.

I've run through the various scenarios, but, in my mind, one thing is for certain. Daughter was with shooter in the parking lot. Mother goes to get daughter away from the dude. Mama bear instinct comes out and she gets in a verbal altercation with him, and one of them takes off, damaging the car.

Since they are neighbors, practically, and the daughter is involved with the kid (not sure why they're calling him a "man" on the news, looks like he's about 12), it makes sense that the end up on the same street after. Mom is still pissed, the kid probably called her all sorts of names, mom gets hothead son and heads out to end the argument or scare the kid.

Hothead son draws on kid. Kid, being a stupid kid who thinks he's a "thug" probably draws back with that stupid sideways "gangsta" gun grip and fires, killing mom. Kid is now scared since he just shot his ex-gf's mom in the face, and takes off.

If he had stayed, I would wager the police would have ruled it self defense. But since he ran and hid for a couple days, it gets more complex for the DA. But, in the end, no one is going to jail. Too much reasonable doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: