Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,939,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Guns are neutral. They're inanimate objects. The do nothing by themselves. Whether they're used for good or evil is completely dependent on the intentions and skill/ineptitude or the person holding the gun.
How about I.E.D.s, bombs, missiles and landmines... are they neutral too? I mean, as long as someone doesn't use them on another person, they are neither good nor bad for society, right? It makes you wonder why they are regulated at all, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,960,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
How about I.E.D.s, bombs, missiles and landmines... are they neutral too? I mean, as long as someone doesn't use them on another person, they are neither good nor bad for society, right? It makes you wonder why they are regulated at all, huh?
I just wish we had vending machines with rocket launchers for sale. Put them at highway rest stops. "When rocket launchers are outlawed, only outlaws will have rocket launchers."

And if they take away our right to cheap, plentiful rocket launchers, the very next day Nancy Pelosi will personally go door to door to take away every other projectile weapon -- even slingshots -- by pointing a rocket launcher at us and demanding our weapons.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:02 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,767,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I just wish we had vending machines with rocket launchers for sale. Put them at highway rest stops. "When rocket launchers are outlawed, only outlaws will have rocket launchers."

And if they take away our right to cheap, plentiful rocket launchers, the very next day Nancy Pelosi will personally go door to door to take away every other projectile weapon -- even slingshots -- by pointing a rocket launcher at us and demanding our weapons.
You can have my slingshot when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers

Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM

15,801 posts, read 14,414,927 times
Basically yes. The US has stockpiles of the the nastiest crap you can imagine (nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, and, if you dig deep enough I'm sure there are biological weapons, or at least the cultures they'd need ot make them.) There all sitting there, for decades, doing exactly nothing.

In point of fact, the nukes have keep us from having a big, global war for 70 years. That used to be a 25 year or so event before we invented them.

It's basically the same as someone having a gun in their sock drawer or on their belt, just on a larger scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

Old 02-23-2015, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 848 times
The latest on this incident, a local man has said the mother was actually out buying drugs from him, and this whole incident is in fact a drug deal gone bad.

The whole cover story about a driving lesson that late at night always sounded odd, as was the misinformation coming from the family. Now it all makes sense, they wanted to cover the drug deal up.

The local man states that Nowsch would sell drugs from that park every day, and the mother would regularly buy from him.

This is reported in the mailonline, and if you ask me, this is the final piece in this puzzle.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules2203 View Post
The latest on this incident, a local man has said the mother was actually out buying drugs from him, and this whole incident is in fact a drug deal gone bad.

The whole cover story about a driving lesson that late at night always sounded odd, as was the misinformation coming from the family. Now it all makes sense, they wanted to cover the drug deal up.

The local man states that Nowsch would sell drugs from that park every day, and the mother would regularly buy from him.

This is reported in the mailonline, and if you ask me, this is the final piece in this puzzle.
Almost. What was the daughter doing there?

Old 02-23-2015, 04:24 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,418,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Almost. What was the daughter doing there?
You know the old saying RM: "The family that gets high together, stays together."

Or maybe the daughter was supposed to perform on him as payment (if you know what I mean). As weird as all this is, I would not be at all surprised.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
You know the old saying RM: "The family that gets high together, stays together."

Or maybe the daughter was supposed to perform on him as payment (if you know what I mean). As weird as all this is, I would not be at all surprised.
I'm still thinking the daughter was dating the shooter.. maybe that's how the mom got the drug hookup...

Old 02-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules2203 View Post
I wonder that, if true, this revelation* would change the minds of the people who previously demanded that this poor woman's death must be avenged. I guess they'll change their tune to, "OK, so maybe she was buying cocaine. And maybe brought her children and firearms to a drug deal gone bad. But she doesn't deserve to die over that, now does she?"

* Drugs? You don't say! I cannot imagine for the life of me how drugs might be involved with this story. I'm shocked! Shocked, I say.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I'll wager this one goes to trial. I'll also wager that since it's been almost two years since the last time I was called for jury duty, I'll be getting a summons in the next month or so.
I just got the summons today. Came in today's mail. Every. Two. Years. Like. Clockwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: