Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 07:15 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,415,415 times

Advertisements

So other than the festivals, where are the best day to day places to find food trucks parked and serving up lunch or dinner? What are the best and most followed trucks? Or perhaps there really isn't much of a street food scene around the valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,748,853 times
Everywhere I go, it seems there are food trucks! Other than the foodie fairs, the only one I've tried is parked outside the Sand Dollar on Spring Mt/Polaris late nights on weekends. Not too shabby.

I do have to say, though, the one parked in the tire store parking lot at the corner of LVB/95 always has a line. It's a Mexican food truck, and the line is normally 100% Mexicans, so that's gotta say somethin'?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,782,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I do have to say, though, the one parked in the tire store parking lot at the corner of LVB/95 always has a line. It's a Mexican food truck, and the line is normally 100% Mexicans, so that's gotta say somethin'?
ummmm.... mexican's like mexican food?

tacos el gordo is always packed, and the food there is delicious

Old 03-05-2015, 08:54 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,748,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
ummmm.... mexican's like mexican food?

tacos el gordo is always packed, and the food there is delicious
Yes, but with all of the Mexican offerings in town, to have a food truck that ALWAYS has a line speaks to the quality of their food, I would think..

Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,917,243 times
Any food trailer courts in LV? Its the big thing in central Tx these days, the 2 I've been to have lots of tasty foods

Old 03-06-2015, 12:00 AM

700 posts, read 1,324,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Everywhere I go, it seems there are food trucks! Other than the foodie fairs, the only one I've tried is parked outside the Sand Dollar on Spring Mt/Polaris late nights on weekends. Not too shabby.

Not neccessarily. I just means that the truck vendor knows its demographic (sometimes). A lot of Mexicans may be at a work site or industrial park with no vehicle and no other eateries within walking distance coupled with 3 tacos for $5. Hard to beat that no matter what the clientele and cuisine type.
There is a mexican food truck that comes on base and white and black people will line up 25 deep because it's convenient and cheap (it is tasty though and I believe a 'chain' that services Nellis AFB).

With that being said, all the Mexican food trucks that I have frequented have been absolutely palatable for the price. I think the OP is sort of asking for the specialized "must have" food trucks like you see on TV. I know those exist but Im not sure what the good ones are and where they are. Ive seen a Mediterranean one near the container park. Id love to see a burger one or a BBQ one, but I havent. Mexican food is very cheap and transportable which is why they abound.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:30 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,824,245 times
There are quite a few food trucks in Las Vegas, though the regular gatherings are infrequent and not that big. The main one I know of is First Fridays Downtown: https://fflv.net/m/events/browse/category/Food+Vendors

The Roaming Hunger site seemed to have the most complete list of trucks last time I checked: Las Vegas Food Trucks | Roaming Hunger

Fukuburger was the only truck I'd go back to a second time. I've had food at maybe a half-dozen of those trucks, and except for Fukuburger, none were worth chasing down.

Food Trucks are really big here in the SF Bay Area and there are big gatherings of trucks every day at multiple sites from SF to San Jose. There are two really big ones at light rail stations every week not far from where we live. This one: The Chairman Truck is a regular at these gatherings, and makes the top 10 in almost every best food trucks in the USA list.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Yeah, I was inquiring about the more refined food truck scene and not the standard "Roach Coach" or everyday taco truck. MBA posted some good links. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 PM

687 posts, read 1,936,372 times
If you like food trucks, watch the movie "Chef" streaming now on Netflix or DVD.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
If you like food trucks, watch the movie "Chef" streaming now on Netflix or DVD.
I've seen it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas