Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Barack or Hillary?
Barack 18 51.43%
Hillary 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:17 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,625,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia B. View Post
You're kidding, right? The Republicans have held the reins (and the tiebreaking vote in Congress) for two consecutive administrations. They've squandered the surplus that was left by the previous administration (running up astronomical debt to boot), enriched themselves via corporate ties, gotten us into an unnecessary war, propped up a tax code that has Warren Buffet's secretary paying more income tax than he does, and continually seek to legislate the most personal areas of our lives.

Less spending and less gov, indeed!
Hey Julia I am on your side. They are all bums.

Wake me up when one of us little people can run for President rather then watching the wealthiest elite on earth let the corporate clowns put them in. Or in the Dictators case, let the Supreme Court appoint them in.

What a joke this is.

You have 50 all great people running for Miss America but we will only have 2 useless clowns running for President.

Wake me up when it is over. Think of all the real news we are missing on TV. The entire half hour news is all politics crap. Then instead of the usual screaming out loud car commercials, we have Obama talking softly to us.

We can not win. We are doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,474,004 times
Is Olecapt a choice????

(I hardly ever agree with the guy...but I do think he'd be a good choice. I think he does get active in many causes. And everyone would at least know where he stands!)

Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,964,404 times
i voting for Scooby Doo

Old 01-17-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Is Olecapt a choice????

(I hardly ever agree with the guy...but I do think he'd be a good choice. I think he does get active in many causes. And everyone would at least know where he stands!)
Yea, he would insist that the fake illegal war in Iraq is a myth. That it really ain't so. He would insist that these are the most robust times American has ever seen. Homes are selling left and right within hours after listing. No crime anywhere to speak of. Empty prisons. It's all a myth using twisted statistics that no one has ever seen but him.

You could show him a photo or a video of a rapist or bank robber and he will argue it is a myth and never happend dispite a photo showing it.

But at least it would give him something to do besides hitting refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh of the Vegas threads all day always wanting to be the first to answer and mention his myth theory.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 PM

159 posts, read 478,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
That doesn't mean that I have to vote republican or support all republican matters. It doesn't mean that I voted for the current president nor that I belive he is acting in the best interest of the country.

Regardless of party affiliation, I still have the ability to see what is happening, what has happened and how my single vote can bring about change for the better. I stand by my original reponse in this thread, I choose not to pick either of the two as I don't see either of them becoming the next president.
I still don't understand what you were taking me to task for previously.

Regardless, I agree completely with what you say in this post. The only difference is that I have no idea whom I'll be supporting tomorrow but I know I will not be voting for a Republican in this election.

Phew. I'm glad this day's almost over, because I've sure had a hard time of it following the logical progression of your posts to me. The up side, and worth repeating, is that I understand and appreciate what you've said here. So, I'm gonna quit while I'm feeling at peace and look forward to waking up smarter tomorrow.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,166,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Yea, he would insist that the fake illegal war in Iraq is a myth. That it really ain't so. He would insist that these are the most robust times American has ever seen. Homes are selling left and right within hours after listing. No crime anywhere to speak of. Empty prisons. It's all a myth using twisted statistics that no one has ever seen but him.

You could show him a photo or a video of a rapist or bank robber and he will argue it is a myth and never happend dispite a photo showing it.

But at least it would give him something to do besides hitting refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh of the Vegas threads all day always wanting to be the first to answer and mention his myth theory.
You can find my views on the war in Iraq if you chase back far enough. I would simply point out that attacking those on the same side as you in a dispute is always stupid.

I would however have removed the nukes from Pakistan at whatever cost.

I would also point out that Bush has trashed the economy with right wing help.

Crime exists in Las Vegas at a level reasonable for a big city.

The RE market could not be much worse from an RE Agents point of view.

I also suffer fools badly. You may have discovered this.

As to my "election" ...If elected I would immediately demand a recount.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 PM

Touche, Olecapt.

And dsun41...I tried to give you a rep point, but it told me to spread some love before attempting to do so again.

Sometimes...and especially after a few libations....I sure love reading the LV forum!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,913,603 times
Quote:
I choose not to pick either of the two as I don't see either of them becoming the next president.
Actually, I think Barack and Hillary are the only two who do have a chance. With the exception of maybe McCain.

No one else is electable on a wide scale. Huckabee's extremely strong religious ties will only appeal to the most conservative voters, alienating the majority. Same for Romney. Guiliani and Edwards seriously lack momentum at the moment. Who else really has a chance at this point?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Touche, Olecapt.

And dsun41...I tried to give you a rep point, but it told me to spread some love before attempting to do so again.

Sometimes...and especially after a few libations....I sure love reading the LV forum!
Same here jfk. It wont let me rep you anymore. Hey haven't I talked to you in Texas too? You sure do get around. Where do you actually live anyway?

Anyway it seems olecapt and I do have a few things in common after all. I happen to know in real life he is a great guy but on this forum is a different story.

olecapt you are an exceptionally intelligent man. I wish you would spread some niceness differently then you do.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM

nope...never been to Texas, sorry. Live happily in a log home nestled in the woods of The Catskill Mountains in Beautiful Upstate NY. I do get around....but never felt the need to visit Texas, for some odd reason. Been to LV 10+ times, but I think I've seen everything there that I care to. Love visiting this LV forum tho'...and am enjoying your posts, as well as many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: