Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 PM

120 posts, read 174,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Why should *I* have to develop anything? I'm not a cabbie. I don't own a cab company.

If the industry was capable of policing itself, we wouldn't have these problems. But thanks to the fact that the run-of-the-mill driver will gladly long-haul a passenger just off the plane in order to make a few more dollars, competition has arrived.

The fact that the only people complaining about competition are either cabbies or cab companies, or Republican legislators who are quite apparently in the pockets of the taxi industry tells me all I need to know about what needs to happen.
Don't you vote? I told you what the problem was, vote and fix the problem, after all, we didn't have these problems under Bob Miller, but developed like a cancer under Guinn, Gibbons, and Sandoval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 07:52 PM

15,780 posts, read 14,377,714 times
No it shouldn't. Uber isn't putting a gun to the head of their drivers. Uber offered them a deal, and they took it. Why should you be able to interfere with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie1 View Post
No, the government should make sure competition is equal. Uber is nothing more than a group wanting to make some big money, and they do so by USING people that haven't thought it out fully.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:26 PM

120 posts, read 174,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
No it shouldn't. Uber isn't putting a gun to the head of their drivers. Uber offered them a deal, and they took it. Why should you be able to interfere with that?
Oh please! Not the 'it's everyone's inherent right to do something stupid' argument? Next you'll be promoting the deregulation of blade guards on meat slicers.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 PM

23,107 posts, read 28,840,475 times
Quote:
Sure; Mom, Dad, and the kids are going to collect 5 bags and jump on a monorail for a weekend at Caesars. The monorail station is behind the Flamingo, so all will start the near mile-long trek through the Flamingo, across Las Vegas Blvd., and up the driveway at Caesars in 100 degree heat. That will happen once.
Mom, Dad and the kids! Of course, someone defensive, would pick that example!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,939,145 times
Quote:
Don't you vote? I told you what the problem was, vote and fix the problem, after all, we didn't have these problems under Bob Miller, but developed like a cancer under Guinn, Gibbons, and Sandoval.
So? I haven't voted for a winning candidate most of my adult life. Don't blame me if the herd is populated by morons.

If I personally got what I wanted by voting, America would be more like Scotland. That's the place that is closest to my views. Absolute personal responsibility coupled with enough empathy to realize that not everyone is capable of making it without a lot of help. That's Scotland.

Incidentally, half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were either Scots or of Scot descent. America EXISTS because of Scotland. Now pardon me while I try to score some haggis.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:55 PM

15,780 posts, read 14,377,714 times
There no health and/or safety issue here that can't be easily solved. You're 'really just pissed that the economic model your job is based on just got rendered obsolete. Well, that's just to dam bad.

Quote:
Oh please! Not the 'it's everyone's inherent right to do something stupid' argument? Next you'll be promoting the deregulation of blade guards on meat slicers.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,108,654 times
Uber is going to do to the Taxi industry what Amazon did to book stores and what Netfilx did to Blockbuster.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:18 AM

23,107 posts, read 28,840,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Uber is going to do to the Taxi industry what Amazon did to book stores and what Netfilx did to Blockbuster.
Not every business accepts competition with civilized behavior, and if Uber gets the green light, look for some violence/sabotage. I'll even put money on it!

Old 03-27-2015, 11:37 PM

74 posts, read 85,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This is the US. Most people could care less about rail transit. The Europeans on the other hand...
Couldn't care less. If it is possible to care less about something, it means that they care about it. Take my car for example, I care about it, but it's possible that I could care less about it than I do. If I did not give a crap about it at all, then it would be impossible for me to care less and therefore I would say, "I couldn't care less about my car."

Old 03-28-2015, 11:03 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,052,844 times
Quote:
Miller was a great Governor. He created the rainy day fund that helped save our collective asses during the recession, and made a lot of common sense decisions while in office.

Gibbons was a buffoon, and Sandoval...I dunno.

Its time for the taxi Gestapo to fall. They need to finish the monorail, and institute flat rate taxi fares from the airport to the major resorts. Other places do this. Ãœber might be useful for locals. Most taxi drivers want strip routes, and not a trip out to the burbs anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas