Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 PM

11 posts, read 23,044 times

Advertisements

I'm possibly looking to buy a place in that community, I've read some posts about it, but those posts were 4-6 years ago. Anyone got any insight on how it is today?

I still see HOA and Masterplan fees around $250pm each, so it's still butt-expensive so I'm prepared for that part...

Are there any pest problems? I read about the exotic rats back in 2009, are they still a problem for the area?

Any other comments anyone want to add about living here? Experiences good and bad would be helpful to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhomebuyer View Post
I'm possibly looking to buy a place in that community, I've read some posts about it, but those posts were 4-6 years ago. Anyone got any insight on how it is today?

I still see HOA and Masterplan fees around $250pm each, so it's still butt-expensive so I'm prepared for that part...

Are there any pest problems? I read about the exotic rats back in 2009, are they still a problem for the area?

Any other comments anyone want to add about living here? Experiences good and bad would be helpful to hear.
As lovely as ever. Mostly got the HOA squared away. Still big HOA dollars but the houses are otherwise not irrational. And I think the country club is now under control though I think ownership is still strange.

We have a Spanish Trail resident who may pop up...

Old 03-28-2015, 01:07 AM

553 posts, read 1,208,205 times
As a resident of ST, I cannot say enough good things about it. Great location, meticulously maintained, diverse housing stock, secure, and serene. Probably not the best community for families with kids. The population tends to be older. The HOA restrictions can cause problems for families with teenagers and more cars than fit in their garage. But I like safe and quiet, and I don't have kids. High HOA fees here are a good value in terms of the service provided and the protection of home values. No community imperfect, but this is pretty close to perfect for me. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions, OP.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
As lovely as ever. Mostly got the HOA squared away. Still big HOA dollars but the houses are otherwise not irrational. And I think the country club is now under control though I think ownership is still strange.

We have a Spanish Trail resident who may pop up...
Can you elaborate on the "country club is now under control"? Sounds like something semi-serious was happening with the country club...

Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco6163 View Post
As a resident of ST, I cannot say enough good things about it. Great location, meticulously maintained, diverse housing stock, secure, and serene. Probably not the best community for families with kids. The population tends to be older. The HOA restrictions can cause problems for families with teenagers and more cars than fit in their garage. But I like safe and quiet, and I don't have kids. High HOA fees here are a good value in terms of the service provided and the protection of home values. No community imperfect, but this is pretty close to perfect for me. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions, OP.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Only fur kids here, and everything you have listed is why we like the community too.

I guess my biggest question I have is whether there are any pest problems I should be aware of? It's not so much that it would deter me from the area, but prepare me for what may come

Old 03-29-2015, 11:35 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
Quote:

I guess my biggest question I have is whether there are any pest problems I should be aware of? It's not so much that it would deter me from the area, but prepare me for what may come

I had heard a while back (from someone in the pest control industry) that there was a rat/rodent problem in that area. May have been cleared up by now, though. dont know.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Roof rats invaded Spanish Trail and even the Scotch Eighties years ago. Our rats have excellent taste in real estate.

I think that's been dealt with by now. It's been years since I've heard anything about it.

Spanish Trail is in a great location. I drive by it on my way to work every day.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
i can only imagine it takes forever to get into that place, since it's so massive, especially if you have a house at the opposite end of a gate....... does st have it's own zipcode?

Old 03-30-2015, 01:13 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,205 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Only fur kids here, and everything you have listed is why we like the community too.

Several years ago (5-6 I think), ST undertook a substantial landscaping renovation of its common grounds. During that work, some of the palm trees that were planted had rats in them. As a result, ST developed a problem with tree rats. Steps were taken to address the problem, and those steps have been effective. For example, we have trash collection service twice a week (even on holidays), and vigilant enforcement of rules about how trash is placed outside for collection and trash containers returned inside after the collection.

The rats still exist, but I do not consider them an issue to detract from this community. Virtually every community has pest issues of some kind. In three years, I have seen tree rats a couple of times. If trees are allowed to over grow, they make for nice rat bridges into homes. But again, ST does a great job of maintaining the common ground landscaping. So over grown trees are more a problem caused by homeowners and their neighbors. I had this problem at one time: overgrown trees in my neighbor's yard allowed a rat or rats into my attic. We told our neighbors about it; they trimmed the tree; kept it trimmed; and no more rats in our house ever since. (By the way, I asked our neighbors if they ever had rats in their home, and they said no. They have lived here for about 15 years). Overall, I have seen fewer pests of any kind in my ST home than I have seen in any place I have lived before.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:45 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco6163 View Post
... we have trash collection service twice a week (even on holidays), and vigilant enforcement of rules about how trash is placed outside for collection and trash containers returned inside after the collection
from what i understand, there is a really short window of when you can have your trash out... and the hoa isn't very forgiving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas