Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:47 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
there are PLENTY OF JOBs in Las vegas, that pay.. well $7 - $13 an hour
And I am not talking at Wal-Mart or McDonalds.. I am talking these are the wages for SKILLED LABOR.

I love this town, but the job market and the salaries are a joke.

Jonathan
I am almost of the exact opposite mind. I am sick of the town and tried to leave multiple times, but then an offer to good to pass up comes and I end up back here. Pay here for financial people who want to hustle and grow are great. The problem is a lot of people move to Vegas to take it easy and they get mad they don't get paid much to do that.

Think about it, what kind of impression do you give an employer if all you seem attracted to in Vegas is the low cost of living, better weather than where you came from and the "entertainment" you couldn't find elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:49 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
I never had a problem getting a skilled job that paid well and included very good benefits. Ya just got to have skillz I guess.
I'm just not special I guess. 3 degrees and 30 years experience is not enough for this market! Should have canned that last degree and gone for plastic boobs!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I am almost of the exact opposite mind. I am sick of the town and tried to leave multiple times, but then an offer to good to pass up comes and I end up back here. Pay here for financial people who want to hustle and grow are great. The problem is a lot of people move to Vegas to take it easy and they get mad they don't get paid much to do that.

Think about it, what kind of impression do you give an employer if all you seem attracted to in Vegas is the low cost of living, better weather than where you came from and the "entertainment" you couldn't find elsewhere?

That's a hell of a generalization.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,268 times
Las Vegas (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 04-03-2015, 09:15 AM

40 posts, read 45,825 times
IMO this is a low wage state. The sad truth is no matter how low the wages are, these companies will always find someone who is willing to go out there and work for less.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:43 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekjones View Post
IMO this is a low wage state. The sad truth is no matter how low the wages are, these companies will always find someone who is willing to go out there and work for less.
Not true. LV pays on a reasonable par with the rest of the SW.
And has a lower poverty percentage than most.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:50 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
The problem is noone wants to start at the bottom and work their self up...

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not true. LV pays on a reasonable par with the rest of the SW.
And has a lower poverty percentage than most.
ummm it's true. I know what my peers are making in other states doing the exact same thing that I do. Vegas is considered the mecca of my industry but sadly more and more people with Bachelor degrees and years of experience are now doing the same job for $25k a year just so they can survive.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekjones View Post
ummm it's true. I know what my peers are making in other states doing the exact same thing that I do. Vegas is considered the mecca of my industry but sadly more and more people with Bachelor degrees and years of experience are now doing the same job for $25k a year just so they can survive.
The only industry I would consider Vegas to be the mecca of would be stripper or hooker. Both of which even the butt ugly ones are pulling in more than $12 an hour doing.

So which industry are you in?

Old 04-04-2015, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
The only industry I would consider Vegas to be the mecca of would be stripper or hooker. Both of which even the butt ugly ones are pulling in more than $12 an hour doing.

So which industry are you in?
lol OMG!.
I'm in the Hospitality Industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas