Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

you really want to mess with meth heads?????
\
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 11:53 AM

73 posts, read 178,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You didn't say that you called the HOA, and what their reaction was. Getting them involved would likely be the first step.

I'm assuming the area in question is HOA property and not owned by you, or any of the individual homeowners. If that's the case, they'd likely be the only party that could call and have the car towed. I'm not sure what would happen if you, as an individual owner, tried to have the car of another owner (or resident renter) towed. The towing company could refuse, or the could, and it could turn out badly (legal repercussions.)

I called the property management and talked to whoever I was forwarded to. They took over our property last December. I told them the situation and all the important information they would need to know. That was about three weeks ago. That was an 800 number I called. They are on Yelp but with no reviews yet. Our main gate had been broken for a few months now and they just got around to fixing that. They raised our HOA fees this year. I'm hoping because it's only been a few months that they'll start cracking down on violations but I'm not holding my breath. The biggest problem that I see is the fact that their is absolutely no signage where there should be. I blame the HOA more then these lazy idiots. Even the tweaker said himself that their wasn't any red on the curbs or no parking signs. I did address that with the property management a few years ago and they said they didn't want to distract from the clean look of the community. Just dumb really because human nature stupid and lazy people will and do point that fact out right away. So I guess we'll see what happens. I'm doing a lot of work to put my house on the market. Maybe we will move to Summerlin

Old 04-23-2015, 12:19 PM

149 posts, read 399,540 times
Have you bothered asking the person if they can fix the situation by not parking there?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM

he talked to the neighbor (post 1) who told him to f off. I cannot believe that this can irritate someone so much... especially since the op plans to move.....

Old 04-23-2015, 03:53 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
First, are you an owner or renter. This will make a big difference in how they'll deal with you. If you're an owner, you can generally push harder.

Second, find out who the HOA board members are, especially the president. Approach these people directly, especially if the management company is blowing you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizir View Post
I called the property management and talked to whoever I was forwarded to. They took over our property last December. I told them the situation and all the important information they would need to know. That was about three weeks ago. That was an 800 number I called. They are on Yelp but with no reviews yet. Our main gate had been broken for a few months now and they just got around to fixing that. They raised our HOA fees this year. I'm hoping because it's only been a few months that they'll start cracking down on violations but I'm not holding my breath. The biggest problem that I see is the fact that their is absolutely no signage where there should be. I blame the HOA more then these lazy idiots. Even the tweaker said himself that their wasn't any red on the curbs or no parking signs. I did address that with the property management a few years ago and they said they didn't want to distract from the clean look of the community. Just dumb really because human nature stupid and lazy people will and do point that fact out right away. So I guess we'll see what happens. I'm doing a lot of work to put my house on the market. Maybe we will move to Summerlin

Old 04-23-2015, 04:11 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Agree with BBMW. Go to the board not the management Co. Management Cos are good only for routine stuff. Otherwise the duck or claim an owners dispute.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Agree with BBMW. Go to the board not the management Co. Management Cos are good only for routine stuff. Otherwise the duck or claim an owners dispute.
Here the two HOAs I deal with punt everything to the management company. Even at meetings the manager answers 90% of the owner questions while the Board members just kinda sit there.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
if he's talking to the management company, then he's a renter.. but he says hes getting ready to sell the house... at least in our hoa, i tenant cannot attend a meeting

Old 04-23-2015, 05:28 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
if he's talking to the management company, then he's a renter.. but he says hes getting ready to sell the house... at least in our hoa, i tenant cannot attend a meeting
Not uncommon but not universal. And there is no rule a tenant cannot annoy a board member.

I am pretty sure OP is an owner and this is the classical owner tenant battle.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommynecktie View Post
Have you bothered asking the person if they can fix the situation by not parking there?
you may want to re-read the original post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: