Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,074 times

Advertisements

The 1st World Problems that get people wound up are fascinating to me. I think it demonstrates just how spoiled and out of touch we've become in our society.

Bill

Old 04-28-2015, 06:56 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
There are so many other things to worry about. In all honesty, most of my banking is done via my computer, and I may go into a branch twice a year. Maybe they are hoping you'll get the hint and stop visiting so much? OP, if you don't like their "Vegasy" policy maybe it's time to look for another bank. For you to take the time to complain to the manager is beyond reason in my way of looking at things. You must have a lot of time on your hands.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish with this thread other than a desire for everyone that responds to it to see it your way. BTW, threads like this reek of Narcissistic behavior on your part. Especially when everyone that doesn't agree with you is "dumb" in your book.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:12 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
The 1st World Problems that get people wound up are fascinating to me. I think it demonstrates just how spoiled and out of touch we've become in our society.

Bill
^^^ THIS!

Lighten up, Francis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Old 04-28-2015, 07:31 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,637,545 times
I like that my bank calls me Jonathan, I like the fact that It's not a stuffy corporate affair, and i LOVE the fact that this town is on a first name basis, My FATHER was Mr. Gleich...

Jonathan

Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,637,545 times
A guy walks into a bank and says to the teller at the window, "I want to open a f**kin' checking account"
To which the lady replied, "I beg your pardon, what did you say?"
"Listen up dammit, I said I want to open a f**kin' checking account right now."
"Sir, I'm sorry but we do not tolerate that kind of language in this bank!"
The teller left the window and went over to the bank manager and told him about her situation.
They both returned and the manager asked, "What seems to be the problem here?"
"There's no damn problem," the man said, "I just won 50 million in the lottery and I want to open a f**kin' checking account in this damn bank!"
"I see sir," the manager said, "and this b*tch is giving you a hard time?"

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

107 posts, read 138,467 times
What I dislike is when seemingly every clerk and server refer to me and my husband as "guys". My husband is a guy, but I'm not, and I'm pretty sure I don't look like a 'guy' either. I also don't like it when a man who does not know me calls me 'sweetheart', 'baby', or some other term like that. But I'm from a different era, I guess.

That having been said, the OP's comment "I realize this is "sin city" and appreciate that this town lacks propriety, decency and decorum" I would have to disagree with. I've lived in several states, and now make Vegas my home. I've found the majority of residents here to be friendly, gracious, and kind. Even the ones who refer to me as a 'guy'.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Blame it on starbucks... they started it
Don't they call you by the name a customer gives them?

Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kespen View Post
That having been said, the OP's comment "I realize this is "sin city" and appreciate that this town lacks propriety, decency and decorum" I would have to disagree with.
The OP comes on this board in different guises and takes whacks at LV. In other words, this isn't about the stated topic at all - it's all about casting LV in a negative light.

Grasshopper, if you seek Truth, allow yourself to look beyond the light and view what is in the shadows.

Bill

Old 04-28-2015, 08:44 AM

149 posts, read 346,883 times
When I go to my local bank branch I insist on being addressed as 'Mr. Moneybags'.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:45 AM

277 posts, read 291,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_your_homey View Post
This does not address my question. I'm not on here on vacation ! I ( unfortunately ) now stay in Vegas too.
Life is short, you need to be living where you want to live.
If you're living here "unfortunately", you need to rethink your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas