Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 05:25 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertNomad View Post
What he says is true, LVVWD has contracts with certain companies. Many years ago the meter was located on the hydrant only.

Best to casually walk by and see if there is a meter where hose attaches to truck. If not get some pics and notify proper authorities and let them deal with it. There still may be a reward involved if they do convict thieves but you'll have to research/confirm this yourself.

On another note, there is a bill right now up to allow FRACKING in Utah near the Virgin River (Red Hills). Guess what nearby watershed all of the tons of water it takes to frack and all of the toxic ingredients that they don't have to tell you ingredients of the fracking material contents from China has in it ends up in?

Lake Mead, Lake Mohave etc.. is where it ends up and does LVVWD test for something they don't even know what is in it? Likely not.

Contact your representatives and sign petitions if you care about your water... #waterislife
You might want to check the date of a post before replying

That way you could avoid bumping threads that are more than 2 years old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 06:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post

The poster does not mind. Working the fracking issue. Which of course impacts probably 70% of the people in the SW. But the local water authority should get upset? And that is even the wrong authority.

Love true believers though...

Old 09-19-2017, 05:06 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice Dealer View Post
I worked for a lawn service/pest control service that had huge water tanks on their trucks. The fill hose goes through a small meter on the truck before going into the tank. I would fill at any hydrant I needed to. City read the meters on the trucks once a month like everybody else. Why you guys would go out of your way over things like this is beyond me.
****ing annoying transplants.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:34 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post

Are you the 'old post' police.

Now you got my interest with the fracking. Who can we comtact about this for a big fat NO>

Look at Oklahoma. They didn't learn a lesson from that.

We were invited to an investment dinner at Mortons, turns out it was for an oil company that does fracking.
After answering my questions and lying, me knowing much about this. He didn't sell anything that night. Thanks for the steak dinner! He got what he deserved.
Liars.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:36 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
****ing annoying transplants.
What am I missing here? I miss a lot so I know I should ask.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
What am I missing here? I miss a lot so I know I should ask.
Ratting out people just because they are certain that someone's actions must be illegal when they don't know **** all about the Las Vegas valley. Our rules, laws and culture.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Are you the 'old post' police.

Now you got my interest with the fracking. Who can we comtact about this for a big fat NO>

Look at Oklahoma. They didn't learn a lesson from that.

We were invited to an investment dinner at Mortons, turns out it was for an oil company that does fracking.
After answering my questions and lying, me knowing much about this. He didn't sell anything that night. Thanks for the steak dinner! He got what he deserved.
Liars.
I enjoy your posts. I'm the second oldest Vegas resident here since our beloved Buzz decided to expand his horizons. LV mench has me beat because he's an old fart, but I went to elementary school here. If I say you get to speak your mind, I don't think there's a poster here who would overrule that.

In other words, Rock On, Peanut!

Old 09-19-2017, 04:40 PM

799 posts, read 707,947 times
Quote:
I enjoy your posts. I'm the second oldest Vegas resident here since our beloved Buzz decided to expand his horizons. LV mench has me beat because he's an old fart, but I went to elementary school here. If I say you get to speak your mind, I don't think there's a poster here who would overrule that.

In other words, Rock On, Peanut!
I pity the "foo" who messes with NLVgal! (to borrow a tradmarked phrase of course!)

Old 09-19-2017, 05:36 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertNomad View Post
On another note, there is a bill right now up to allow FRACKING in Utah near the Virgin River (Red Hills). Guess what nearby watershed all of the tons of water it takes to frack and all of the toxic ingredients that they don't have to tell you ingredients of the fracking material contents from China has in it ends up in?

Another potential consequence of fracking is one that my former state of Oklahoma is now living with. Oklahoma legalized fracking, because local wisdom is that if it helps the oil companies, it should be done. Now they are having continual earthquakes in an area where they were once very rare.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Ratting out people just because they are certain that someone's actions must be illegal when they don't know **** all about the Las Vegas valley. Our rules, laws and culture.
Thanks. I missed what you were referencing. Short night. Long day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas