Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:49 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I see someone from out of town (per your description) looking for something. They think it's on the right (or they need to turn right to get to it) then realize it's to the left. As long as there is no traffic in the way, and I didn't see any passing to your left in the video, I fail to see why they are terrible drivers. They even used their turn signals.
How's it any different from your "Vegas Slide" as you call it? Just because there may or may not have been other traffic around?

BTW, take another look at the video. I have a rear facing camera as well and you can see that there were actually other cars in the area as well as approaching the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
And when they caught you they'd hand you another ticket.

Not hyperbole. If you knew this guy, you'd understand. Straight arrow.
How bout you tell me (PM is fine) what municipality or state that this "Straight Arrow" works for? I don't need his name or anything. I just want to give the jurisdiction a call and find out where a beat cop gets the idea that they can determine who can drive on what roads in town and issue tickets to people that they find driving on said road if they are caught.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:06 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
In the Anthem area, we have a lot of senior citizens, and it seems like most of them drive with a handicapped parking placard hanging from their mirror. To me, this sure seems like a safety issue - that placard obscures vision, and many of these seniors have difficulty seeing over the steering wheel as it is. (And yes, with luck, we will all reach that age one day).
I know you're supposed to put it away when driving, but it really doesn't obscure your vision (at least in any of my cars), and it is too easy to break when putting it on and taking it off, plus the fumbling around with it makes for frustration. And, if there is a parking attendant, he'll show you to the handicap parking, or at least leave you alone.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:07 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
How bout you tell me (PM is fine) what municipality or state that this "Straight Arrow" works for? I don't need his name or anything. I just want to give the jurisdiction a call and find out where a beat cop gets the idea that they can determine who can drive on what roads in town and issue tickets to people that they find driving on said road if they are caught.

Overreact much?

Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Overreact much?
About as much as you post B.S.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:17 PM

You don't know since you weren't there, and your "worst driver ever" is also total overreaction.

Get a life.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I know you're supposed to put it away when driving, but it really doesn't obscure your vision (at least in any of my cars), and it is too easy to break when putting it on and taking it off, plus the fumbling around with it makes for frustration. And, if there is a parking attendant, he'll show you to the handicap parking, or at least leave you alone.
Anything hanging from the mirror including an air freshener or a placard is probable cause for a cop to pull you over if they want to. ( per a local highway patrolman)

Old 05-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
You don't know since you weren't there, and your "worst driver ever" is also total overreaction.

Get a life.
There you go again with your goofy hyperbole. I never said that person in my video was the "worst driver ever" so where is the over-reaction? I believe my exact words for describing that particular imbecile were "Stupid driver of the week".

And I do know that there is no place in the USA where a police officer can write someone a ticket and order them to never drive on a particular public street again or face the threat of getting another ticket for violating such an order.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Anything hanging from the mirror including an air freshener or a placard is probable cause for a cop to pull you over if they want to. ( per a local highway patrolman)
Some of the things I see hanging on mirrors is amazing. Tons of crap that obviously have meaning to the driver.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:28 PM

1,936 posts, read 822,817 times
For the worst drivers go to FL during tourist season, and this is the reason why.

Calgary man booted from Canada's Worst Driver TV show nailed by cops travelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: