Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

Do you think everyone who posts in the NYC forum is from NYC?

And you can just start another account with your new location suffix (if you ever actually escape Vegas.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I don't know what it is about the Las Vegas forum that attracts non-residents. When I finally leave this town, I will also leave this forum.

Hopefully the mods will change the "LV" in my handle to something more appropriate when the time comes. But if not, I'll quit this account as well and start fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 01:36 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
The point being, I'm not going to loiter in a New York forum. We had an upstate user some time ago named jfkIII who posted on the Las Vegas forum all the time -- never contributing anything worthwhile. I don't think he's with us anymore -- probably passed away.

I don't even bother posting in my home town's forum. What's the point? I haven't been back in years. So much has changed that my information is horribly out of date. I keep in contact with my friends -- but not on City-Data. I also have a very good idea where I'm going to move next. But I don't post in those forums, either. Because, again, what's the point? Since I have no definite moving date in mind, there's really nothing to be gained asking questions and making utterly pointless observations about places I have only visited.

The only reason I come to this forum is from a rather misplaced desire to leave this town in slightly better condition than when I found it. (Granted, that's the lowest-set bar in the history of anything.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas