Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 12:29 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I love seeing people in parkas when it's 60 degrees!

I moved from Minnesota years ago because I never wanted to shovel or drive in that stuff again. Doesn't hurt there are no bugs too. There's always a trade-off. In MN it was winter more than half the year. Here it's too hot for 4 months and the rest of the year is darn near perfect. I'll take it!
In 1981 my mother passed. My brother who lived in southern Arizona (very southern) came to Iowa for the funeral. It was mid May and a mild spring with temps in the upper 60's to upper 70's.

They both asked for sweaters and jackets while I'm in shorts and tees.

While we are on the subject of heat, what do you all use on your steering wheel? Something wrapped around it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 12:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have always associated mold with a damp environment. Mainly because I've always lived in a damp environment. I didn't expect it to be a big problem here, and apparently it is.

Another adjustment in thinking...
Not sure it is actually true Tek. I have significant sensitivity to some molds...could never live in FL for instance where I react virtually everywhere.

It gets a certain amount of press here but is always associated with a water leak or problem. I know of no mold not so associated and I think I have dealt with a dozen or so homes were mold was a problem.

It is true that any long term and sustained water leak ends up with mold. But roof leaks for instance generally don't get moldy. They dry quick enough mostly that mold does not form.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:41 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I think the basic answer in AC.

Go from the ACed house, to the ACed car, to the ACed place of employment, back to the ACed car, to the ACed place of whatever you do after work, back to the ACed car, back to the ACed house.

This is the seasonally opposite equivalent of what we do in the Northeast. We just substituted heated for ACed.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:27 PM

14 posts, read 33,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If it gets too hot, just strip down nekked and dive into the fountains at the Bellagio. When you get out you can count on 24 hrs in the cool LV Jail, as seen on TV. And maybe a few more while under a psychaitric evaluatin...
Lol thanks for the laugh silly-butt ��

Old 06-07-2015, 01:35 PM

14 posts, read 33,142 times
Quote:
In 1981 my mother passed. My brother who lived in southern Arizona (very southern) came to Iowa for the funeral. It was mid May and a mild spring with temps in the upper 60's to upper 70's.

They both asked for sweaters and jackets while I'm in shorts and tees.

While we are on the subject of heat, what do you all use on your steering wheel? Something wrapped around it?
Sorry about your mom. I was wondering that too about cars in the heat and their engines in it. I think I'll just commute on the buses and trains! :P

Old 06-07-2015, 01:39 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Cuellar View Post
I was wondering that too about cars in the heat and their engines in it. I think I'll just commute on the buses and trains! :P
what train?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:43 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Quote:
I'm thinking a sun visor but I'm also considering a steering wheel cover. I guess you could use some kind of gloves too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not sure it is actually true Tek. I have significant sensitivity to some molds...could never live in FL for instance where I react virtually everywhere.

It gets a certain amount of press here but is always associated with a water leak or problem. I know of no mold not so associated and I think I have dealt with a dozen or so homes were mold was a problem.

It is true that any long term and sustained water leak ends up with mold. But roof leaks for instance generally don't get moldy. They dry quick enough mostly that mold does not form.
That's good to know. I was wondering so I started googling what would cause a mold problem here.

Quote:
Omg thank you for the advice guys!! I also just though about wearing thin summer dresses all the time too. I cannot wait to move there!!!
I need more summer dresses. I'd like a whole closet of them really. I went to Meadows Mall for the first time this last week looking for them but didn't find much. The only place really was in Forever 21 and they also had these jump suits that seemed cute. I found Meadows Mall to be a pretty descent place though. Later I found some summer dresses at Walmart too.

I'll have to keep looking and see where else I can find them. I'm also waiting until the end of this July when all the huge discount sales happen at the outlets so I can spend my 'mad money' and go crazy shopping. I won't get another chance like it until January when they have the big sales again. You'll love shopping here!

When are you planning to move?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:47 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Keep your oil fairly fresh and you engine coolent topped up (and in Vegas, with a lower fraction of anti-freeze), and your engine will be fine.

Quote:
Sorry about your mom. I was wondering that too about cars in the heat and their engines in it. I think I'll just commute on the buses and trains! :P

Old 06-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I need more summer dresses. I'd like a whole closet of them really. I went to Meadows Mall for the first time this last week looking for them but didn't find much. The only place really was in Forever 21 and they also had these jump suits that seemed cute. I found Meadows Mall to be a pretty descent place though. Later I found some summer dresses at Walmart too.

I'll have to keep looking and see where else I can find them. I'm also waiting until the end of this July when all the huge discount sales happen at the outlets so I can spend my 'mad money' and go crazy shopping. I won't get another chance like it until January when they have the big sales again. You'll love shopping here!

When are you planning to move?
Did some snooping. I'm in that kind of mood today.

Store Locator: Charlotte Russe

Women's Dresses: Shop Summer Dresses - JCPenney

Store Locator | H&M Stores | H&M US

^^ Put in zip code and 25 miles

I apologize if I offended by doing this. It seems there are a lot of posters who get ticked off when others Google for their subject. My intent is to simply help.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Any steering wheel covers that are recommended? There's got to be a big business in it here. But like everything else there's good stuff and bad stuff. I'd like to short circuit past the bad stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: