Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times

Advertisements

I see it so often, but rarely see the service animal sign.

I've seen some legit ones as well, along with a couple in training.

A tea cup gerbil sized dog is not a service animal. But, as long as it doesn't hump my leg, bite me, poop on or near me, or pee on or near me, I couldn't care less.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
OP needs to get a service dog to help out with their severe stress issues

Old 06-13-2015, 05:49 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,021 times
I'm getting a pony with a medical marijuana license and taking him everywhere with me. So there.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:02 AM

638 posts, read 593,618 times
Whilst I fully agree about this service animal thing being utterly ridiculous, I also fail to see the level of the Ops rant.

If a dog is sitting under the owners table just how unsanitary is it? Its not running around in the kitchen peeing on anything, its sitting under the table. Frankly 50% of the people I see walking around vegas look more unsanitary then dogs any day.

Whats next, asking people to take their shoes off before they go into the restaurant?

OP man up, just admit you're scared of dogs, even little fluffy white ones locked up in a box.

And just be thankful that it wasnt a pot bellied pig...

http://www.takepart.com/photos/8-unu...s/sadie-parrot

Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 AM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times
I'm not afraid of dogs, but I am violently allergic to them. I can't enter a household that has one dog without nearly going into anaphylactic shock. I guess my rights to a pleasant meal or shopping experience is less important then their ability to skirt the law.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:53 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Google "emotional support pig kicked off plane".

Old 06-13-2015, 08:48 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I'm not afraid of dogs, but I am violently allergic to them. I can't enter a household that has one dog without nearly going into anaphylactic shock. I guess my rights to a pleasant meal or shopping experience is less important then their ability to skirt the law.
With the ubiquitous presence of dogs, I would think you would be sick all the time. Do you know, exactly, what triggers your allergy (hair, dander, saliva)? One of my dogs sheds year round and her hair gets everywhere.

People do abuse the laws for service animals. It's hard to fix because service animals can cost $20,000, so the law designed to allow people to train their own animal.

My understanding is that a business owner is allowed to ask two questions: 1) Is this a service animal?, and 2) What service does it provide? They cannot ask you for documentation. I think this will change eventually; abuse of this law (regulation?) has exploded in the last several years. Maybe they should be required to produce a license?

Even though a business owner's hands are tied, that doesn't stop the other patrons from saying something if the dog starts growling, excessively barking, urinating, etc. Those are all reasons which allows a business owner to eject someone with a service animal, even if it is legitimate. But I think most business owners are too afraid of lawsuits to eject an animal.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 AM

8,414 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
With the ubiquitous presence of dogs, I would think you would be sick all the time. Do you know, exactly, what triggers your allergy (hair, dander, saliva)? One of my dogs sheds year round and her hair gets everywhere.
I think it's dog DNA that I am allergic to, literally everything about them chokes me up and makes me miserable. It may be concentrated in their spit though. If a dog licks me, I'm a goner for the rest of the day.

With that knowledge, I just avoided pet stores, pounds, vets, dog parks etc. No big deal, those places are incompatible with me. But lately I see them at more and more restaurants, grocery stores and malls. About all I can do, in the case of a restaurant, is scan the place before being seated or, if I'm there first, ask to either be moved or pay my bill and leave.

People who have never experienced this cannot fathom that they are carrying around a biological weapon to some in their purse.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
And this is why I'm so against the service animal fakers.

Allergies, particularly severe allergies, works like a battery charging and discharging. Every animal the allergic person comes in contact with "charges the battery." And (hopefully) each sleep cycle discharges it. If the battery is overcharged, that's when the problems happen. And each allergic person has their threshold. (Mine for bee stings is about 30 seconds -- the deadline during which I had best jab myself with an epipen.)

People who bring their animals everywhere spread misery. But they're too self-absorbed to see it. In their rose-colored world, everybody loves their miserable little rat dog. They think it's cute. And therefore they think everyone agrees that it's cute. And the people who are allergic? Not their problem. What's one little dog going to do, anyway?

Old 06-13-2015, 09:51 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
The dog aren't the ones that bother me, it's the people.

If you can't manage to go anywhere without your pet, it's God's way of telling you to stay home because you're annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: