Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 AM

30 posts, read 65,319 times

Advertisements

Don't buy. Rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 12:34 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,805 times
Why don't you begin working with a very competent realtor who can tell you all the in's and out's? Some of them have posted their knowledge on here already. It would be a great deal wiser when you're dealing with a half million dollar investment than trusting what Joe Smith heard from a neighbor who knows someone that lives there.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:04 PM

6 posts, read 16,158 times
Default Update from Tulse Luper re: condo search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulse Luper View Post
This is my first post. I have lived in Las Vegas for the past 30 years. I plan to buy a condominium as my residence at either Turnberry Towers, The Martin or Allure. Does anyone have any positive or negative comments about these high rises? Things such as plumbing, HOA issues, Board of Directors, financial problems, noise, common area maintenance, problem occupants, etc. I would like to avoid spending over a half of a million dollars for a condo only to find out that I have made a mistake. Thanks

As an update, I have narrowed down my search for an upper floor condo unit to Turnberry Towers and Veer Towers. Previously, I did not consider buying at Veer but my budget has increased. So a prime unit at Veer is possible.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have learned a lot. Any new information is greatly appreciated. Don't worry, be happy.

Last edited by Tulse Luper; 12-07-2015 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: added a sentence

Old 12-07-2015, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 16,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Why don't you begin working with a very competent realtor who can tell you all the in's and out's? Some of them have posted their knowledge on here already. It would be a great deal wiser when you're dealing with a half million dollar investment than trusting what Joe Smith heard from a neighbor who knows someone that lives there.

Everyone's comments are of value, even if they are not true. When all of these comments are grouped into one, they become public opinion. Public opinion of a condominium building whether it be it's social reputation, legal status, construction quality or financial stability, affects it's market value. Perception becomes reality.

When it comes to judging the validity of each comment or post, it's usually obvious which ones hold true. When I read all of the individual comments that occur here in this thread, I don't summarily dismiss them as "what Joe Smith heard from a neighbor". The overwhelming majority of the comments here are true. There are a few comments made that I would consider to be ill informed or lacking insight. With a little bit of wisdom, these are easily apparent. Some comments exceeded my expectations.

Regarding the involvement of a realtor, it has been my experience that they don't want to spend their time until you are ready to buy. I would not be able to sign a contract for at least 4 months. It could even turn out to be as long as a year.

Last edited by Tulse Luper; 12-07-2015 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: added a sentence

Old 12-07-2015, 09:01 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
I used to get my hair done by a stylist that moved to the salon at Turnberry. I found the place a stuffy mausoleum. I stopped seeing my stylist after she moved there.

I visited a friend at Allure once. While it was still an artificial atmosphere, the staff seemed human, and I didn't feel like I had aged thirty years by walking over the threshold. His condo is pretty and modern.

An old friend of mine is looking to buy at the Palms. ( Sigh )

Old 12-07-2015, 10:59 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,862 times
Tulse Luper, we rented at Turnberry Towers (west tower) for sixteen months - also looked at renting at Veer but decided against it. I sent you a private message just now.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:58 PM

30 posts, read 65,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Yeah - the Realtor gets part of that 6% cut for the sale of the condo. Let's not forget that GROUND ZERO for the mortgage and real estate fraud and crash was here in Vegas. Yup, LMK about the "very competent" realtor.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:43 AM

638 posts, read 593,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulse Luper View Post
As an update, I have narrowed down my search for an upper floor condo unit to Turnberry Towers and Veer Towers. Previously, I did not consider buying at Veer but my budget has increased. So a prime unit at Veer is possible.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have learned a lot. Any new information is greatly appreciated. Don't worry, be happy.

Isnt there some sort of wind noise issue at Veer? I heard about some sort of howling caused by the buildings that drivers occupiers crazy

Old 12-08-2015, 07:35 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,074 times
There are realtors who specialize in high-rise properties. The realtor I used owned units in two Strip buildings and was a great source of information. And, her husband's a realtor as well. If you want their names, send me a PM.

Bill

Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 AM

392 posts, read 1,092,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
Isnt there some sort of wind noise issue at Veer? I heard about some sort of howling caused by the buildings that drivers occupiers crazy
In the past there was definitely a howling noise at Veer caused by the construction of the towers and the wind rushing against/around them - I read that residents would be relocated to Vdara at times because of the noise. I also read that there was a fix in place for this but that would be something to find out for sure before buying (even renting?) at Veer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: