Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 09:59 AM

37 posts, read 40,722 times

Advertisements

Need some information on this area. Granddaughter said there is good/bad but hard to gauge what she means. 7100 Pirates Cove 89145. There is a condo in that area that I am looking at but since I'm still in Phoenix its hard to judge. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 10:03 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,783,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrightt View Post
Need some information on this area. Granddaughter said there is good/bad but hard to gauge what she means. 7100 Pirates Cove 89145. There is a condo in that area that I am looking at but since I'm still in Phoenix its hard to judge. Thank you.
While I do not have personal knowledge of that exact condo, the area is fine.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:29 PM

255 posts, read 451,314 times
It should be fine but some things you can do to get more info include doing a search on this site for the zip code. I see that there are similar threads directly below these comments. Also go to crimemapping dot com and view recent area for any crimes committed. Keep in mind all areas have some crime but you are looking to see the overall crime compared to other areas. You can go to google maps and put in the address and do a virtual walk around the neighborhood by selecting street view and clicking on the arrows to advance up and down the streets. Google the address and check the units for sale on the real estate sites. Some include crime info and also general information about the neighborhood. If you are considering buying, and there is a possibility that at some point you might want to rent the unit out, keep in mind that some places have a no rental policy or a cap on rentals that could make it very difficult to rent in the future. Your realtor should be able to find this out before you put a lot of energy into a particular place. And if you are renting, make sure that the unit is allowed to be rented out. Otherwise if the owner is in violation of the HOA rules, you could get kicked out prematurely if discovered.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:10 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrightt View Post
A reasonably nice condo in a reasonable area. I prefer the area across Summerlin Pkwy. But this area works too.

Watch for highway noise in the northern units.

That development is actually the nicest in the Pirate Cove area.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:09 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,058 times
Near shopping and parks, decent area and the freeway is easily accessible. Love the Charlie Kellogg and Joe Zaher Sports complex. You will like the trail connecting the parks in the area.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:35 PM

37 posts, read 40,722 times
Thank you. I am a little worried about the traffic noise. However the unit is not facing the highway. Will see what happens. Its so weird how some area's of town have changed so dramatically. I remember when the area by the Blvd. Mall was nice so I just want to be careful.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,046 times
I agree with everything posted. It's a good area. I live on the other side of Summerlin Parkway from there and part of our compound is along Tenaya too. We don't notice the traffic from the highway at all but our place in the complex is closer to Washington Ave than the highway.

One time we went out to dinner with one of our neighbors and they asked us if we hear the sirens or the helicopters, but we've never noticed them. Since they mentioned it to us I sometimes can pick them up in the distance but it's really not noticeable and neither is the traffic. There's also a big retainer wall along Summerlin Parkway that blocks much of the traffic noise and it appears they have the same thing on your side too.

Honestly, it's really quiet where we live. An "oasis of peace" was one of my husband's requirements for when I was selecting a place for us to move, so he could rest when he gets home from work, and our place fits the bill. The streets get quiet after dark when most of the commercial places close in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas