Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:28 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,430 times

Advertisements

TI pool sucks. It's small and caters to the Fuller Brush crowd. Unless its comped and you have time to waste. Then it may be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 11:28 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,783,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
TI pool sucks. It's small and caters to the Fuller Brush crowd. Unless its comped and you have time to waste. Then it may be worth it.
I've never been to the pool, but have to ask.. what is the Fuller Brush crowd? People who love mops?

Old 07-25-2015, 02:22 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,430 times
I hear that the Cosmo is running a fire sale right now on Cabana's

Old 07-25-2015, 02:26 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,114,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I've never been to the pool, but have to ask.. what is the Fuller Brush crowd? People who love mops?

The only thing I can think of is older people? Their hair is falling out, filling up the brush?
If you drop an r, it means the opposite.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:34 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
I hear that the Cosmo is running a fire sale right now on Cabana's

Old 07-25-2015, 04:24 PM

625 posts, read 796,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
We stay at the Treasure Island quite often. If you can, ask for South Tower, South Strip view floors 25-30 and 31-35. You can then look down the strip and see both the Mirage Volcano and in the distance the Bellagio fountains. It's also fun to watch the traffic and lights on the strip.

These rooms also have a decent size bathtub.

As far as the Cabanas go they are nice but remember that after about 100pm you can usually cut a deal with the pool personnel to reduce the rate. If you don't want to spend a few hundred for a cabana why not consider a day bed? Usually they are about $45 during the week and a little more on the weekends. At Treasure Island they have about 6 of them with a folding clamshell top and are a circular couch that keeps the sun out. They fit two people easily. We found them to be quite comfortable.

Additionally, before the day starts consider having breakfast out by the pool at Kahunaville Restaurant. They have coupons for discounted breakfasts when you check in. You can sit outside on the patio and be right next to the pool and have a decent 3 egg, meat, hash browns, toast breakfast for about $8.99 a person with a coupon. On the other hand, the Treasure Island Cafe in insanely expensive and isn't that good anytime day or night.
Thanks for the review. Might check this place out on my next staycation

Old 07-26-2015, 07:09 AM

208 posts, read 247,205 times
thanks i think we are going to pass on the cabana we cant nor will we meet the food and beverage minimums. i am a diabetic so i cant drink anything but water, and hubby is only a two-three beer drinker and there is no way we will be able to eat 200 $$ worth of food

Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyechica View Post
wanted to know if its worth renting a cabana for the day at treasure island we are staying there and they have cabana rentals it would just be me and hubby its 278 for the whole day is it worth it? there is no food mins for a sunday which is a plus. is it worth spending the money or should we save the $$ and lounge by the pool in the first come first serve chairs
Make sure it is fire retardant and the stuff around you is also I'll bet the Cabana's are cheap at the Cosmo now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: