Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:22 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Give it time. New-4 years love it here. 5th year...beginning to dislike it... too many idiots in this town... ive started hiring people that are NOT born and raised here. Dumb as rocks...but thats retail..

Can't expect smart people to work for peanuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 04:26 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I don't see the problem. It's their life, and if they want to off themselves, cool with me. Just try to be considerate. If you find a bridge without a unsightly fence, go to another bridge to jump. If you jump from the fenceless bridge, the nanny state is going to put up a damn fence and block my view.
There's 7,000,000,000 people on Earth, and the number is climbing. 6.9 billion of them are morons, so good riddance to everyone that has the gumption to improve the world by taking themselves out. I applaud them. If I ever become terminally ill, I am seeing myself out in a spectacular fashion.
When someone is terminally ill I fully support death with dignity. Otherwise, I disagree with what you said. It breaks my heart when someone kills themselves because they were bullied, abused, molested, etc. With the exception of people who are truly evil, all of us have value and therefore suicide should be avoided. 6.9 of 7 billion are morons and would improve the world by killing themselves? I hope you're just in a bad mood and don't really feel that way.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Here is a good explanation on the high suicide rate in Las Vegas. It has nothing to do with gambling.

Las Vegas: The Suicide Capital Of America : NPR
#1: This article makes more sense than anything we'uns have to say about it. So read this and shut the f**k up about it.

#2: When will people realize that that they can't escape from themselves, so why commit suicide? Do you think you won't carry the same problem with you wherever you go? Get off your a$$ and fix the problem. Preferably by finding a much bigger problem. That's usually the key to helping someone fix his self-inflected problems. Give him a bigger one to fix, and the little ones will fall by the wayside. Just try it. Or in the words of the great god, Nike, "just do it."

But, if you are totally, totally, unable to function due to health issues that cannot be fixed, you have my blessing. Just don't make a mess.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:38 PM
EA

This life, civilization, rampant stupidity, it is not for everyone. Let them out. I personally would love to get off this planet. I signed up for the one way trip to Mars. I am not a big fan of how things are on Earth. I certainly don't blame people who want to stop being here. Earth sucks.
If you don't want to be here, cool, build a rocket, or die and leave a bit more resources for the rest of us.
Now, I am going back to my rocket science study.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:52 PM

550 posts, read 637,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I can't imagine being depressed when you can walk out your door into brilliant sunshine
I think for me, it's too d@mn much sunshine! Honestly, I crave seeing the clouds and the shadows. I find myself keeping the shutters positioned so that I can fool myself into thinking it's not another blazing cloudless day. Strange, but I NEED that. I get bent out of shape, not seeing the change of seasons. I've been here since 2001 and this feeling gets stronger with each passing year. Visiting my family in NY/NJ with the Kids and Hubs, helps a little, but not enough.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:57 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofvegasgirls View Post
I think for me, it's too d@mn much sunshine! Honestly, I crave seeing the clouds and the shadows. I find myself keeping the shutters positioned so that I can fool myself into thinking it's not another blazing cloudless day. Strange, but I NEED that. I get bent out of shape, not seeing the change of seasons. I've been here since 2001 and this feeling gets stronger with each passing year. Visiting my family in NY/NJ with the Kids and Hubs, helps a little, but not enough.
I am just the opposite. I lived off and on in a state with 98 days of full sun. We have seasons here, we just skip the sh**ty ones. But, as I say on almost every thread, it's a big country. If one wants to live where it's cloudy and rainy all of the time, there is a place for that.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:09 PM
EA

I moved here because of the constant sun. I like to be outside, and you can't do that when it's raining all the time. My only qualm is when you're driving and it shines right outside the perimeter of the sunvisor.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Can't expect smart people to work for peanuts.
We are nowhere near minimum wage...

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Quote:
I moved here because of the constant sun. I like to be outside, and you can't do that when it's raining all the time. My only qualm is when you're driving and it shines right outside the perimeter of the sunvisor.
Or the sun reflects off of the Luxor while I'm driving on the 215 West.. that's a bad spot at a certain time of day.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 PM

327 posts, read 398,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Here is a good explanation on the high suicide rate in Las Vegas. It has nothing to do with gambling.

Las Vegas: The Suicide Capital Of America : NPR
Sure it has nothing to do with gambling…that was a good one.

My guess is that it is the lifestyle here (24/7 drinking, gambling, whores), combined with the lack of community and lack of family support (many move here with no support).

This city is good only if you are smart, responsible, and have a spouse. Trust me on that. Everyone else is suspect to a meltdown, especially singles, because the people in this town are very unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: