Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:19 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,280 times

Advertisements

my only complaint about the Lakes area (lived there 10yrs) is all the rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 5,100 times
Thank you!! I'be gone thru the area and have not experienced that yet but for sure will pay attention to it now!!

Old 09-22-2015, 11:26 AM

Thank your for all this info. Very much appreciated!!!

Old 09-22-2015, 11:30 AM

Hello and thank you. Wow..all this information from everyone sure tells me much more important information than I would otherwise have known about. Much thanks to all who have posted a reply!!

Old 09-22-2015, 11:33 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
my only complaint about the Lakes area (lived there 10yrs) is all the rentals.
I'd have to agree with that observation, and am thankful that the really trashy renters aren't near us. It was easy to pick up a distressed property for next to nothing several years ago, and most of those are rentals now.

Also, regarding the McCarran departures, they're pretty high by the time they're over the Lakes. I can hear them when I walk the dogs but have never heard them while indoors.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:46 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post

Also, regarding the McCarran departures, they're pretty high by the time they're over the Lakes. I can hear them when I walk the dogs but have never heard them while indoors.

my annoyance with those flights were with all the red-eye flights that took off anywhere from 11pm to 1 am. there were a lot of them and created almost constant noise during those hours. it was hard for me to fall asleep but once I did they didnt wake me up.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:35 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
my annoyance with those flights were with all the red-eye flights that took off anywhere from 11pm to 1 am. there were a lot of them and created almost constant noise during those hours. it was hard for me to fall asleep but once I did they didnt wake me up.
Wow we don't hear any flights at all in the house, even with the sliders to the bedroom open in the spring/fall. We're near Lake North/Crystal Water Way. May be different in other areas?

We had one rental in our cul-de-sac went through several renters before the owner finally sold it. Other than that one other rental that I know of on our street. This likely depends on the area as well.

Keep us updated on what you decide.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:54 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
I hear planes a lot more at night for some reason- Im in Peccole. One good thing I noticed in the Lakes is that the people buying homes there update the exterior paint, yard etc. Even in Peccole I love when someone moves in and paints the house and does the yard, the neighbors around them will do it too. So sick of seeing some of the pinkish/orange houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas