Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:31 PM

327 posts, read 398,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqibbcakes View Post
If you are looking for substance in your life, you are definitely in the wrong town. Why do you think top tech companies amongst others won't subject their employees to a life in Las Vegas.
Great point Sqibber! or is it Sqibbercakes? Squibbcakes!

Yes, I get it now. When I moved here about 10 years ago, I had my head up my rear end. Today, after getting screwed over in my personal and business life by the scum in this town (yea, I take responsibility for this, for allowing these jerks into my life, but I don't think these "bad" things would have happened to me in other areas)…I see this town for what it is:

A Money Grab, where the sharks/conmen look for victims so they can fatten their pockets. Do that in Texas or in the South, and you get shot. Do that in Vegas, and you are welcome in a 5 star hotel with free booze.

Moderator cut: snip. ….I can't wait to leave…and that time is coming soon! Amen!

Last edited by yellowbelle; 09-28-2015 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-27-2015, 12:46 PM

206 posts, read 182,995 times
Good. You have "manned" up and take responsibility for your choices. So many on this site want to deny and hate.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson702 View Post
This is not something you see in other cities.
Did somebody drop you on your head as a kid or something? Do you have any idea how big the human trafficking problem is in L.A.?

Old 09-27-2015, 01:48 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Hey maybe henderson and squibb can make their own forum to pat each other on the back. Too bad they're probably the same individual.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Las Vegas is the only town I know of that encourages people to visit, act like jackasses, defecate on us, as long as they leave their money. I am, and have been fine with this fact for decades, but many simply don't understand what LV is.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:09 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Quote:
the arrest report said, the four traveled to Las Vegas and Carter began taking the girl to the Tropicana corridor, a mile-and-a-half stretch of Tropicana Avenue between Decatur Boulevard and Interstate 15 where police say sex is often sold.
Now I know where to window shop..

Jonathan

Old 09-27-2015, 02:46 PM

413 posts, read 1,589,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqibbcakes View Post
Las Vegas is the only town I know of that encourages people to visit, act like jackasses, defecate on us, as long as they leave their money. I am, and have been fine with this fact for decades, but many simply don't understand what LV is.
One other is New Orleans.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoVT View Post
One other is New Orleans.
Good point. NOLA does have gas, oil, and shipping. LV basically has only tourism.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson702 View Post
Las Vegas man accused of sex-trafficking of Texas girl | Las Vegas Review-Journal

See it all the time around here. This is not something you see in other cities.

Man, I can't wait to leave this dump.
People that spend a lot of time on or near the strip for work almost universally become jaded and grow to hate this town.

I'm no Vegas lover. Anyone who knows me will attest to that, but since I lived and worked in the northwest side of town for the better part of a dozen years, and I never ventured to the strip , I certainly never encountered hookers or homeless people.

I knew they were there of course. I've lived here forever. But different people have different experiences with the valley depending upon where they live and work.

I have my own reasons for calling Vegas " this f'kin' town" but hookers, club types, and the strip? Not on my radar.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:39 PM

327 posts, read 398,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Hey maybe henderson and squibb can make their own forum to pat each other on the back. Too bad they're probably the same individual.
Wrong again. Good try. Not the same person.

As for the topic…I guess you can ignore all of the mess that this city offers. That is a great strategy to use, and still enjoy this town. But, it doesn't change the fact that this is a very odd city.

It was once a Reno in the 60s-mid 90s, a great town. Reno is a great city, probably the best mid sized city on the West Coast.

But, today, the corporations, the hookers, the real estate agents (LOL), and UFC (yes, I hate Stations with a passion, its such a joke and could care less about their locals) lovers have simply turned a once great town into a anti-family,Moderator cut: snip we only want your money town…

and those that can't see that are ignorant. and those that choose to ignore it, are smart for doing so. however, I have to question their intelligence and lack of seeking better places to live, because life is very short to spend it in a town that just doesn't care.

Last edited by yellowbelle; 09-28-2015 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas