Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:32 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I wanted to buy a Saturn when they first came out [made in America thingie] I tried one on......they sticke to the old design guidlines that say the average American is 5'8" tall....if you're 6'5" tall you don't have a chance
I too wouldn't have anything to do with Saturn's when they first came out because they were cheap little things. A few years later my wife wanted to trade her ten year old Honda Accord for a new Saturn, so she drug me kicking and screaming over to Sat of W. Sahara. I have to say that except for the deal we made at Carmax, I have never had such a pleasant car buying experience, and I was really surprised at how nice the car was. Every time I go in there I meet Saturn owners that won't buy anything else. Last time there was a woman bragging about having bought several of them used and running up 200,000 to 300,000 miles on them before giving them to her kids. I bought the one I have now, when it was two years old, as a cheap work car. I did so much driving I wanted something I could run the wheels off of and not go broke doing it. Trouble is, I can't run the wheels off of it, and my wife is probably never going to buy me that 4x4 I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Tell me Buzz.....have you ever heard of Carmax???????????
Carmax? Let me see??? NO

Last edited by Buzz123; 01-31-2008 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
.....my boss's husband bought the Saturn Sports Car....he said "here....take it out"......I could not even get inside the thing....as a passenger or as a driver

Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
Can you take credit for any of the Fletcher Jones ads with the animals??? The one with the former Mayor when the cat falls off the hood of the car was hillarious!!
At one time Fletcher would get very upset if he had to go to someone else for his production. I directed hundreds of Fletcher Jones commercials. Mostly with Fletcher, Sr., but some with Jan and Fletcher, Jr. too. And, of course, Jack Biegger.

We had a clip at the station of a cat on Fletcher's shoulder throwing up and vomit running down his suit. Whenever we did an in-house production to be seen only by employees, etc., we would end it with that clip, cat in a black circle like the MTM kitty (which was a parady of the MGM lion), and the caption, "Sick Kitty Productions".

Old 01-31-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Let me guess. You were the brains behind those GMF motors ads!
No, I was in programming management by the time Fred came along. But my friend did them, and he has some stories to tell that will make you hate that guy even more.

I did spots for just about all the new car dealers at the time.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,711,373 times
The new Saturn Aura is actually an Opel from Europe. The Saturn Sky is also an Opel based car. GM brought over some of its current technology from its European nameplates to the states and the quality is getting pretty decent. I think they are just as good compared to other japanese makes when it comes to durability.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,711,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I too wouldn't have anything to do with Saturn's when they first came out because they were cheap little things. A few years later my wife wanted to trade her ten year old Honda Accord for a new Saturn, so she drug me kicking and screaming over to Sat of W. Sahara. I have to say that except for the deal we made at Carmax, I have never had such a pleasant car buying experience, and I was really surprised at how nice the car was. Every time I go in there I meet Saturn owners that won't buy anything else. Last time there was a woman bragging about having bought several of them used and running up 200,000 to 300,000 miles on them before giving them to her kids. I bought the one I have now, when it was two years old, as a cheap work car. I did so much driving I wanted something I could run the wheels off of and not go broke doing it. Trouble is, I can't run the wheels off of it, and my wife is probably never going to buy me that 4x4 I want.
The 90's Saturns with the 1.9 liter motor is a great engine. They are durable and get awesome gas milage. The only drawback to those is build quality. The kinda fall apart compared to the motor and trans. One more good thing is the composite body panels that resist door dings. Nice for your WalMart parking!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM

66 posts, read 255,744 times
I know this is an old post of mine, but I just wanted to say thank you so much to those of you that suggested CarMax. We brought our car this past weekend from them and we are extremely happy with our car and the service that we recieved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas