Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,721,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Why do we waste time with posters like this? The mis-informed?

Why are you even concerned about a topic such as this in Las Vegas? I've read in your posts that you are quite happy in Baltimore? What are you trying to prove to everbody? 99 & 9/10 percent of us residents....DON'T CARE why people commit suicide here...

But hey, some of the tourists who come here like to take the leap of faith after they've lost all their money, and yeah, some of the tourists are all in debt, they couldn't afford to come here and "play" to begin with.

Out of the 38 million of them coming here to visit every year, you've got to expect to meet a few of those types. We're kinda used to it, feel sorry for them and all, but we didn't tell them to do it. Anyhoo....

If your ultimate goal was to move here, I'm glad you found out LV is not your cup of tea before you made a bad decision for yourself...

Good luck to you...elsewhere...

I was thinking the same thing. People will post something and they will stick by what they heard or read and not the facts. I know I kinda do the same thing, but I live here and I experience living in Las Vegas. But someone who posts and doesn't even live in Las Vegas must have some kind of other motive. Like the old saying, if you assume, you make an *ss out of me and you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,615,203 times
Your defense and support of Las Vegas overwhelmes me with joy. I wish more places had that type of support including my home town of Baltimore.
My motive for posting on this particular thread was that someone had mentioned that he was surprised that Baltimore was not listed as one of the country's most miserable places. I reacted to that by name-calling Las Vegas. That was wrong of me. I normally don't go there but there was a little mischievious imp sitting on my shoulder saying," Someone in Vegas is saying Baltimore is miserable????".
I try not to downgrade other places and I apologize for that. Simply put, Vegas isn't for me. I will leave it at that.
Oh, and you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I have been to Las Vegas quite a few times. So, please don't pull the "you don't live here argument". It is not that complicated.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM

[quote=jonjj;2745410]Your defense and support of Las Vegas overwhelmes me with joy. I wish more places had that type of support including my home town of Baltimore.
My motive for posting on this particular thread was that someone had mentioned that he was surprised that Baltimore was not listed as one of the country's most miserable places. I reacted to that by name-calling Las Vegas. That was wrong of me. I normally don't go there but there was a little mischievious imp sitting on my shoulder saying," Someone in Vegas is saying Baltimore is miserable????".
I try not to downgrade other places and I apologize for that. Simply put, Vegas isn't for me. I will leave it at that.
Oh, and you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I have been to Las Vegas quite a few times. So, please don't pull the "you don't live here argument". It is not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

I have family in the Baltimore area, and also in the PG county area. I personally like Maryland, stayed with them for 3 months in the summer and the humidity was brutal. I personally prefer the west coast better. I would never say anything bad about any city unless I have actually lived there and not just visit. Especially when your speaking of Las Vegas. When you visit Las Vegas, you do not get the whole city, your just getting the fun vacation part and not the actual everyday living. So did you actually live here? or you just visited? If you actually stayed off the strip and checked out the city, you will realize that Las Vegas has a lot more things to offer than just gambling, drinking and that party atmosphere.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,485,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Your defense and support of Las Vegas overwhelmes me with joy. I wish more places had that type of support including my home town of Baltimore.
Oh, and you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I have been to Las Vegas quite a few times. So, please don't pull the "you don't live here argument". It is not that complicated.

On the US General forum you stated: Yes, just what I want to do: go to a desert and spend my money along some glorified strip mall yet you've been here a few times? You made it sound like you've never been here? You agreed with a totally negative LV post from another poster in the U.S.General forum titled "most overrated cities"

And you've made other posts here with negative remarks about Las Vegas. You have your opinion, and we respect it..however...

It is not that complicated to realize that you have some sort of fetish with our beautiful city....and have posted in our LV forums in a "troll" like fashion.

Your apology is accepted...peace to you...

Last edited by MomMom; 02-06-2008 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
On the US General forum you stated: Yes, just what I want to do: go to a desert and spend my money along some glorified strip mall yet you've been here a few times? You made it sound like you've never been here? You agreed with a totally negative LV post from another poster in the U.S.General forum titled "most overrated cities"

And you've made other posts here with negative remarks about Las Vegas. You have your opinion, and we respect it..however...

It is not that complicated to realize that you have some sort of fetish with our beautiful city....and have posted in our LV forums in a "troll" like fashion.

I've seen it time after time. People will rant about Las Vegas and they keep on comming back and spend their money. I'm not sure why people do this? Its one of those human nature phenomena

Old 02-06-2008, 04:17 PM

[quote=AAPoolServiceLV;2745612]
Quote:
Oh, and you don't have to be a chicken to know what an egg is. I have been to Las Vegas quite a few times. So, please don't pull the "you don't live here argument". It is not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

I have family in the Baltimore area, and also in the PG county area. I personally like Maryland, stayed with them for 3 months in the summer and the humidity was brutal. I personally prefer the west coast better. I would never say anything bad about any city unless I have actually lived there and not just visit. Especially when your speaking of Las Vegas. When you visit Las Vegas, you do not get the whole city, your just getting the fun vacation part and not the actual everyday living. So did you actually live here? or you just visited? If you actually stayed off the strip and checked out the city, you will realize that Las Vegas has a lot more things to offer than just gambling, drinking and that party atmosphere.

No, I have never lived in Las Vegas. I have visited the city three times. It is not just Las Vegas for me. I am not into the whole desert-living thing. I prefer the greenery. Just my opinion. I am sure it offers a lot to those who are interested in living in that type of environment. Also, when I was in Las Vegas, I actually did not gamble at all. Although my trips were work-related trips, I did manage to get my walking in and toured the city.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Sorry if I disagree with you. I was stating my opinion. I guess a person is not allowed to do that sort of thing in the Las Vegas forum. And I personally think your assertion that by stating my opinion, I was "trolling" is a bit over the top. Isn't it wonderful that we are not all the same!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:32 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,485,502 times
Please look up the defination of "internet troll" and you'll understand

Your opinion/apology is accepted and thank you for that, now move on

Last edited by MomMom; 02-06-2008 at 04:51 PM..

Old 02-06-2008, 04:55 PM

"Trolling is defined as intentional disruptive action, right? What if the disruptive effect is unintentional? I'm not sure if I can give you an example...

Let's see. There is a post saying "Place X is a hell hole". If I look at other posts by the same user and see nothing but unprovoked bashing and negative posts all over the forums, I'd say it's intentional trolling. Even more so, if it's not backed up with some facts or personal experience.

This same poster, however, may have also written many helpful posts and this one (and a few like it, perhaps) was just sharing their negative experience, venting, if you will. Can you see the difference? No if you don't know the rest of their posts. Not if you take their message out of context.

We are all different, we have different experiences. Some of us may be more positive, others come here to share their disappointment or frustration. It's not so easy to point your finger and say: "this is a troll". There is no clear cut line and we're all entitled to our opinions."

___This is a moderator's quote. I do understand.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,249,805 times
Quote:
Actually, when I think about it, there is probably more misery in Las Vegas than any other place on the planet. Strip malls, debt, heat, a missing downtown. Some love it but I still can't figure out why.
Just a quick reset...Look at it...walks like a troll...sounds like a troll...I would think it is a troll.

Best thing would be to simple take it back announcing you did not really mean it.

Be particularly careful when you resort to negative superlatives. "More misery in Las Vegas than any other place on the planet"? You really think that true? Ever been in some of the hell holes?

I really doubt you believed that..which really makes it a troll. You are not offering an opinion you are making one up to get a rise out of the locals. And we do rise as you have found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: