Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 04:15 PM

247 posts, read 253,954 times

Advertisements

Can someone recommend me a pigeon control company so I won't lose my mind looking at pigeon poop.Also if you have recently had work done how much was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 04:34 PM

638 posts, read 593,618 times
I used Las Vegas pest control www.369bugs.com

They were good to deal with. I can't remember how much I paid initially, but have had them back a couple of times to do more. I had them back once offer guarantees there would be no more problems with the flying rats and they came back and didn't charge me.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:31 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Pigeons Be Gone.

Called them out in March of 2014. They cleared out a nesting area, washed it out, caged it. Spiked a couple of areas. They have not been back nesting to date.

While I was emailing him, he knew the layout of my roof and where the nesting area was. Had a quote ready and quickly came out and took care of business. He took a pic of the caged former nest that I have somewhere.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:14 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
PigeonPros, has anyone used them or had any experience with them???

The PigeonsBeGone guy is out on medical leave for a few weeks according to the email I recieved.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I'm available with my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. Thanks to my neighbor feeding them, I'm now having a pigeon problem too. I don't want to shoot them, but it has crossed my mind. If I have to pay to get rid of them I'm sending her the bill.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:50 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I'm available with my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. Thanks to my neighbor feeding them, I'm now having a pigeon problem too. I don't want to shoot them, but it has crossed my mind. If I have to pay to get rid of them I'm sending her the bill.
LOL...The only joy I got out of the fireworks this year is that they REALLY hate them going off even if it's just the general vicinity. Flocks of 30+ just circling in the air.

Pretty remarkable, I had no idea there were sooooo many in my neighborhood.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:34 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I have a GSP. She catches and eats them. All I ever find is a few feathers!

Old 07-08-2016, 08:34 PM

775 posts, read 775,812 times
If pets are fed outside the pigeons go for their food. Then they poop it all out as they fly off. I have moved the food for one of my feral cats to under a bush in the front yard. She can get to it and birds can't. No more mess on my patio and those of the neighbors. The birds won't land on the desert landscape but the cat will. Done.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,034 times
Progressive Pest Control. Had a terrible problem on my patio roof. Woman down the street feeds them and now our neighborhood is overrun with pigeons.
Progressive came out, removed all of the nests, spiked the roof of my house and the patio roof, built a cage around my a/c unit, pigeon proofed the chimney and cleaned up the horrible mess.
About and week later a couple of pigeons returned. Progressive has a 1 year guarantee. They came back out and did a little more work at no charge. It's been a few months now and no more pigeons. I paid $525.00 and it was worth every penny!
Good luck with your problem.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM

555 posts, read 1,258,729 times
I got people next door to me that INSIST on feeding these rats with wings. They poop on everything and roost on the roofs and are up there cooing all night long.

Finally had to go next door and explain to the neighbor why feeding the pigeons is so bad. They stopped the feeding over 2 weeks ago, but some, not all of the birds come back even though I am sure the feeding has stopped.

Next step is an extermination company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: