Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 AM

4 posts, read 7,993 times

Advertisements

As you can see, I rest my case about the self-centered, rude attitude here by the comments of dyni and buzz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
WOW I am hurt......Buzz and I get a mention but CJSKI gets a pass.....

Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Dynimage and Buzz are great people. If they are rude, I will eat my keyboard.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Dynimage and Buzz are great people. If they are rude, I will eat my keyboard.
h ehe he ....would ya like salt n pepper [I can hold my own in the rudeness categopry when needed.....]

Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 AM

638 posts, read 2,242,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasudab View Post
I have read and heard stories of how bad las vegas drivers can be. I heard in one podcast that window tinting can be a reason, because they can just drive any way they want and noone can identify them. Does anyone know why they drive so aggressively or have such a bad rap?

Im mostly new to this board so hello... Ive got something to say in terms of traffic... People out here do drive very fast but I think the speed limits in the city are to factor. For example, Tropicana is 45 mph in certain areas of town. When you combine that high speed limit with the width of the street, people tend to drive more like 65-70. Lets face it, people who move here from the East coast are used to very tight and narrow roads. When you put them on the wide open streets of Las Vegas, their natural instinct is to fly like a bird. I see the same thing in Phoenix and parts of LA.

Im not suggesting we do anything about it. I like the high speed limits and the wide streets. The one thing I wish Las Vegas drivers would learn is that tailgating is very rude. I've come across a ton of tailgaters out here. I like to pump up my window whipers and washing fluid when they get right behind me. They usually back of pretty quick. They hate getting their nice clean hummer dirty.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I think alot of the tailgaters are cell phone drivers. They appear as drunks to many people, but they are just yapping away about nothing, forgetting they are driving, til they almost hit someone.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Hehe. Yeah, here in Detroit, the speed limit signs are just suggestions!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM

56 posts, read 223,430 times
Default Traffic

The other day I watched a guy run a red light and plow into a lady crossing the intersection, last week I almost got hit by a red pickup turning right onto the street I was on.. he didn't even look before he started to turn.. I saw a fender bender just recently on the highway that held up traffic for miles...
I live in Minnesota.. traffic is bad everywhere- we live in a drive thru world- everyone is in a hurry and only worried about themselves... gotta get there 3 seconds before the other guy.. oops.. I'm ranting...

Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota is cold View Post
The other day I watched a guy run a red light and plow into a lady crossing the intersection, last week I almost got hit by a red pickup turning right onto the street I was on.. he didn't even look before he started to turn.. I saw a fender bender just recently on the highway that held up traffic for miles...
I live in Minnesota.. traffic is bad everywhere- we live in a drive thru world- everyone is in a hurry and only worried about themselves... gotta get there 3 seconds before the other guy.. oops.. I'm ranting...

You will do fine in Vegas. Note that all those lousey drivers you cite have likely moved before you...so they are here waiting.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota is cold View Post
I know what you mean in MN....they drive that way in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!

You are gonna LOVE Las vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: