Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times

Advertisements

I just have to comment on this:

7 charged in series of Las Vegas Strip attacks | Las Vegas Review-Journal

One of the these lovelies is a former student of mine. While in my class, this student made teaching impossible and was a constant discipline problem for every teacher for the entire three years this student attended our school. This student was hardly ever out on RPC/suspension. We just had to suck it up and deal with it.

A few years later, I, again, had this student. This time in a juvenile detention facility.

This is not an unusual occurrence in the schools at which I chose to teach.

As a parent, it is imperative that you discuss discipline procedures with the administration of your children's school. You must let admin know that you will not tolerate your child being denied an education because of students who are chronic disciplinary problems.

If you know that your child is in a class where there is a very disruptive student and the administration is unresponsive, go to a board meeting and bring your concerns regarding the removal of chronic disciplinary problem students.

Please make sure you support the teacher. The first thing admin is going to do is reprimand the teacher for not having control of his or her classroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 10:35 AM

15,844 posts, read 14,476,031 times
This presupposes anyone i the administration cares and/or is in a position to actually do anything.

Quote:
As a parent, it is imperative that you discuss discipline procedures with the administration of your children's school. You must let admin know that you will not tolerate your child being denied an education because of students who are chronic disciplinary problems.

If you know that your child is in a class where there is a very disruptive student and the administration is unresponsive, go to a board meeting and bring your concerns regarding the removal of chronic disciplinary problem students.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:39 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times
They will change if enough parents and community member complain. I guarantee nothing is done when teachers complain.

The admin are trying to keep their jobs and will do what their supervisors tell them to do. I would probably start at the top.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:38 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
My son, in kindergarten, has a extremely disruptive student in his class. She clearly has issues that need to be addressed by a special class, not a standard class.
The girl's sister in in my daughter's 5th grade class. She's not disruptive, but she's 5 years older than the other students.

This on top of 33 and 34 students in each classroom.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
Bunch of scum-the adult should be ashamed of herself, but she probably isn't.

My daughter started a magnet program (A joke) this year. Every day she comes home to tell me that a kid had to be taken out of class by the principal/counselor.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:23 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post

My daughter started a magnet program (A joke) this year. Every day she comes home to tell me that a kid had to be taken out of class by the principal/counselor.
Which school? A devoted magnet school, or mixed campus?

Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 PM

555 posts, read 775,222 times
this is the biggest difference between public and private school. In private school, if you're not there to learn they kick you out. In public school , the kid basically ruins it for the other kids who are there to learn.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:34 PM

625 posts, read 797,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post

Sounds like a mixed school. Not every class is part of the magnet program. And Im doubting the "every day" the admin is pulling a student out of your daughter's class.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:06 PM

314 posts, read 255,861 times
....you'd be surprised

Old 11-29-2015, 07:53 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Quote:
orlando williams, 20, roxanne mir, 19, courtnee bernard, 20, norman renord smith, 19, and unique berg, 18, each face 14 counts, including attempted murder, robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and conspiracy.
Quote:
diana tatarian, 29, and wanda turner, 63, each face five counts, including conspiracy, robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.
Quote:
one of the men pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and pressed it against the victim's head.
Quote:
...ordered the men to their knees and pointed a gun at the back of their heads.
Quote:
"just kill them," one of the men said. "just kill them."
Quote:
he sped away and heard a gunshot hit his car.
Quote:
smith admitted to pointing a gun at the victim's head in the motel 6 complex, according to police.
o.m.g.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: