U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 34,965,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Yes, call me a Vegas basher if you must. But I do tell it like I see it. Honestly if anyone cares to take the time to look through past posts on this forum they will see many others that gave the same honest opinions about Vegas. I have a sneaky feeling that olecapt tries to run off anyone that says anything negative about the city. He's not open to someone else being allowed to give their opinion about the place. If you give your opinion he will tell you over and over you are wrong.

You are welcome to your opinions. It is your facts that cause you problems. You have this terrible inability to deal with reasonably accessible numbers. The Las Vegas school is not majority hispanic. The violent crime rate in Atlanta is more than twice that of Vegas. There are over 100 homes for sale in the NW that will go for less than 250K. A half dozen are actually in Summerlin. None are more than 20 years old.

Your opinion that you hate Las Vegas after living there nine years is a perfectly valid one. I have lived there over 10 years and like it very much. We are completely portable and choose to live here. We have no personal or significant business ties. I would go sailing myself for 5 or 10 years but it is not my wife's bag. So we mutually agreed on Vegas and stay here because we find it more desirable than other alternatives. We can literally live anywhere we want on this continent including Mexico and Canada. We stay in Vegas.

We may change our minds one day as we age and go live near some kid. But until then it appears it will be Vegas for us.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-19-2006, 08:11 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,326,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are welcome to your opinions. It is your facts that cause you problems. You have this terrible inability to deal with reasonably accessible numbers. .
This is something that I have been trying to say to you. Especially where the schools are concerned. The rankings are there, you are just blind to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There are over 100 homes for sale in the NW that will go for less than 250K. A half dozen are actually in Summerlin. None are more than 20 years old. .
Yuck. I wouldn't buy one of those old homes for nothing. Have you actually gotten in your car and drove to these areas you sell other people on through the Internet. They are high crime, low value, very undesirable areas. You aren't getting a good single family home in Summerlin for that price, dream on. And 20 years old? Those old homes in Vegas, even more than 10 years old look like yuck to me. I wouldn't touch them or recommend them to people.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
This is something that I have been trying to say to you. Especially where the schools are concerned. The rankings are there, you are just blind to them.

Yuck. I wouldn't buy one of those old homes for nothing. Have you actually gotten in your car and drove to these areas you sell other people on through the Internet. They are high crime, low value, very undesirable areas. You aren't getting a good single family home in Summerlin for that price, dream on. And 20 years old? Those old homes in Vegas, even more than 10 years old look like yuck to me. I wouldn't touch them or recommend them to people.
You do it again. I set the oldest in the search to 20 years. That was to avoid all of the older areas. This is Desert Shores, Summerlin and Lone Mountain. The majority are less than 10 years old. n I also have never sold anyone a home they have not personally seen. You really should know better. That is silly internet garbage. Rational people don't buy homes they have not personally viewed in neighborhoods they have personally toured. You really think we do real estate on EBay?

Given that Northern Summerlin and this general area was mostly built out by 2000 it is gonna be tough finding younger. There is not a "yucky" area in the group. Are there "yucky" homes? Of course. I have not screened these at all. The larger homes are likely to need TLC. So what? Best buy in a nice neighborhood is often the beat up one.

And the fact that you would not buy a home older than 20 years testifies to your infantile understandings of real estate. If you understood it at all you would know that newer is not neccessarily better. The later homes are on smaller lots and often less well built. If you ever should grow to the point at which you can afford custom homes you would know that older is often better. Anyone who understands the subject would tell you that the good real estate of 1990 in Summerlin and Green Valley is significantly better than the current product.

Give it up. You don't like Las Vegas. You don't live there anymore. Stop displaying your rank ignorance of the town and its parameters.

Go beat up your existing locale. Help you learn something about it in the process.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:12 PM

No thanks, Oldcap. I think I'll keep handing out the truthful side when people ask questions.

You totally read my post wrong. I didn't say that you are literally selling over the Internet. I'm saying you have seen the areas that you are pushing to people over the Internet. Like how you keep saying how great the area is around Hyde Park Middle School. That tells me right there that you haven't actually went there and drove around the neighborhood or you would know better.

Believe me, I know that newere isn't always better, especially since so many are built with such cheap labor now. But I much prefer a newer home. And as I said - you said there were homes IN Summerlin for $250k. That's nonsense. Not single family homes within Summerlin. Nope.

With your attitude about real estate and dreamy pricing I would not want you as my realtor. The average single family home in Vegas is over $300k...

He he... $250 for single family homes in Summerlin? You have lost it buddy!

Old 11-19-2006, 10:39 PM

Here you go. All in Summerlin in 2006. $250K is close to the bottom I agree. But there are some. Lots less than $300K.

Address Sq Foot Sale Price
10969 SUTTER HILLS AV 975 265,000
1737 POMERADO DR 1162 262,900
8541 GLENMOUNT DR 1359 238,000
2501 SUNGOLD DR 1384 239,000
2528 SHOWCASE DR 1119 235,000
11036 ROSSI AV 975 253,000

This is just a sample there are another 25 or so.

Check the Clark County Assessors site. You can find them all and check the sales price.

Abd there are 10 thousand homes not in Summerlin proper that are quite acceptable. Some of these areas are better than most of Summerlin.

Again stop the silliness. I know more about this area than you ever will. It is what I do for a living and as my hobby. No amount of mean spirited criticism changes anything.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 AM

Oldcap, I just looked up two of the houses that you listed. Both of which are in retirement communities...not open to those under 55. Now that really limits it for those that want to buy in Summerlin for $250 doesn't it.

Oh, and by the way... you must not be familiar with the Summerlin boundaries, some of those fall in zip codes that are NOT Summerlin. Best pull out your map. Otherwise you'd seem like an ill informed realtor when a potential buyer asks to see houses in Summerlin and you take the "near" Summerlin and call it the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: