Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2006, 03:33 AM

2 posts, read 11,089 times

Advertisements

How is the public transport Vegas ??

I am considering a move to Vegas and want to know about the transport in the town.

I have been offered a job at a hotel on the strip and I would probably live around Henderson. I do not drive so could I get by with out a car ?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2006, 09:15 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,056,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
How is the public transport Vegas ??

I am considering a move to Vegas and want to know about the transport in the town.

I have been offered a job at a hotel on the strip and I would probably live around Henderson. I do not drive so could I get by with out a car ?

Thanks in advance
See The RTC site at...

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/index.php (broken link)

Unless one of the express busses works for you it is likely impractical to live in Henderson and work on the strip traveling by bus. There are numerous other areas that would work however.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 11,089 times
Thanks for that link olecapt !

What other areas would you suggest to live to be more practical for transport?

Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Thanks for that link olecapt !

What other areas would you suggest to live to be more practical for transport?
Well..West out Charleston, Sahara, Flamingo, DI or Trop. Get past Decatur or Jones and it is OK. Some good in rentals along Trop Flamingo and DI.

South Strip that is LV Blvd South of Russell. You may also be able to come in from the South along Eastern and transfer to one of the east west lines.

I would also explore Silverado Ranch and such. I don't know if you can work the busses but it is in close so it may work.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:30 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,564,321 times
Personally, I really don't think of Las Vegas and public transportation in the same sentence. I don't know where you are from (back east perhaps?) but this city is really spread out and even if you could find connections that would get you from where you live to the strip (unless you live less than a couple of miles from it) it would take a awful long time to get there; perhaps a hour or so.

Henkelphoto

Old 10-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkelphoto View Post
Personally, I really don't think of Las Vegas and public transportation in the same sentence. I don't know where you are from (back east perhaps?) but this city is really spread out and even if you could find connections that would get you from where you live to the strip (unless you live less than a couple of miles from it) it would take a awful long time to get there; perhaps a hour or so.

Henkelphoto
Nahh Check it out Henkel. You have to be careful where you reside but there is pretty good service to the strip. For instance anyplace along Charleston works fine. Better off hours then during the day. Twenty four hours and 20 minute headway in the middle of the night.

Better to come in from the east or west. You do not want to bus up the strip in the daylight...but workable if you do it right.

Remember the system gets all those workers in and out...and does not pay top dollar to all.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,648,847 times
its easy to live in Henderson and take the bus to the strip, take Eastern or the Pecos bus north to the Tropicana, Flamingo, Desert Inn, Twain, Sahara, or Charleston bus. Trop, Flamingo, Sahara, and Charleston are every 15 min

Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 AM

24 posts, read 106,528 times
Las Vegas is a city built for the car. Too bad, but this goes for many US cities. But like olecapt said and I've also heard this from some other people, if you just find out where the stops are and make sure you live near, it is very doable.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,648,847 times
rtcsnv.com has an online trip planner, use that to find out where it would be convenient for you to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas