Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 04:34 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

In addition to this possible opportunity I have with Smith's a good friend on mine used to work for Las Vegas Limo owned by Frias Transportation group. He told me between his salary and tips that he earned close to $1000 a week and said they are always hiring, so naturally this opportunity has picqued my interest.

He doesn't work there anymore because he accepted a job offer he could not turn down in Thailand as a scuba instructor (diving is his passion)

Anyways, has anybody here been a limo driver before and is he telling me the truth about being a limo driver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Do you have a half way decent four door car? If so, just sign up with Uber or Lyft.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:32 AM

555 posts, read 774,744 times
My buddy works at a smaller limo company and he brings in about 70-80k per year. That's including tips, money from strip clubs (they pay to have customers dropped off), money from doormen and hourly. But it's not a steady flow. Some weeks are good, some are bad. He puts in 10+ hours for 4-5 days a week. Never had weekends off; always works from late afternoon to early morning.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:43 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML157 View Post
My buddy works at a smaller limo company and he brings in about 70-80k per year. That's including tips, money from strip clubs (they pay to have customers dropped off), money from doormen and hourly. But it's not a steady flow. Some weeks are good, some are bad. He puts in 10+ hours for 4-5 days a week. Never had weekends off; always works from late afternoon to early morning.
I would be OK with that.... If I have to work from the late afternoon until the early morning five days a week but can earn that kind of money I would put up with it

Not to sound negative but I've pretty much given up any hope of working a regular 9-to-5 job that will actually pay me what I'm worth. Plus my ultimate goal one day is to buy my own house and it would definitely be possible on that kind of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Do you have a half way decent four door car? If so, just sign up with Uber or Lyft.
My car is too old and has too many miles for Lyft/Uber

Old 01-27-2016, 11:15 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
You definitely won't start out making that kind of money. When you start, you'll get the worst shifts and not knowing how to work the system, you will make very little and work a lot of hours.
You will be sitting and waiting most of your day. It's brutal.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:37 PM

206 posts, read 182,902 times
Money from doormen? Yeah, right.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:11 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Consider being a driver at the V.A. hospital. Just keep up at www.usajobs.com. If possible see if you can get a CDL before you arrive. Something else to consider is once you get to town get a food handlers and tam card just incase you want to do the convenience store or temp agency route. For both cards you study online and then take a test.

Just understand for work Vegas is basically a hustle town. Many people work on call or with different companies at the same time.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:39 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times
No, no, no... Limo drivers don't RECEIVE money from doormen - the drivers give it to the doormen. Spot them maybe $5-$10 so that the doormen can convince groups of tourists to not take the (much cheaper but less exciting) cabs. They essentially put a deposit down to get a ride faster.

BBMW suggest you drive for Uber... That's good as long as you don't like making money while simultaneously draining value from your car much faster than normal.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:45 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You definitely won't start out making that kind of money. When you start, you'll get the worst shifts and not knowing how to work the system, you will make very little and work a lot of hours.
You will be sitting and waiting most of your day. It's brutal.
I had a friend who worked for Bell limosine in 2014. That is exactly how he described it. He quit 3 months later.

Whatever you do Davie89, go somewhere other than Bell.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:18 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
you can work for the marshall retail group... pretty sure they are going to pay more than Smiths'. We are opening another store next week.. so that puts us around 100 stores in vegas...

jobsatmrg.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: