Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times

Advertisements

I took my baby in when the time came...held her...not "messy" at all. They took care of the cremation for me. It's been 14 years...I still miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:28 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Is it not interesting. My boy was a pure killer of rodents. That is what he existed for. He loved me I think. But might have tried to wipe me out if I got between him and a suitable rodent. If he had a roast beef bone I could not take it away from him without doing mayhem to him. He would fight to the death over a good bone.

But walking on the road I tell him to heel ..and he does. Swimming away from the boat he comes immediately if called...but it told to go ashore...he goes ashore.

Amazing creatures. Wonder how we ever get so connected.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:10 PM

33 posts, read 34,369 times
Contact your local vet to see if they have recommendations. I've used Wagon Wheels; I've forgotten the doctor's name, but she also worked through Bonanza animal hospital. There are at least three services here in Vegas, prices range from $200-500 for house call euthanasia. I took my dear pet's remains to La Paloma crematorium. When the vets take care of things, it's convenient, but you do not know if your pet's body is being cremated with other animals (which is highly likely bc it's more economical) unless you arrange something else. I wanted to make sure that I received my pet's ashes, so these places offer services to accommodate individual pet cremations.

It's a terrible thing to go through, saying goodbye. I miss my dear little guy sorely and everyday. However, your pet - when the time comes - has the comfort of being in familiar surroundings and not in any state of high anxiety (esp if your pet does not like the vet's office) which I think helps for a peaceful passing.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:15 PM

550 posts, read 637,395 times
We had our family pet get very ill, to the point of no return, 48 hours before we were to leave on a cruise that was work related for my husband. That drive to the vet was the worst. drive. ever. We barely had a day to mourn before we had to be on a flight. Also, not fun. It was 6 years ago, but I remember it like it just happened. We haven't had the strength to get another pet since that happened, even though our kids want a dog. I cannot imagine ever having to do that again...

Old 02-14-2016, 10:07 AM

359 posts, read 361,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofvegasgirls View Post
We had our family pet get very ill, to the point of no return, 48 hours before we were to leave on a cruise that was work related for my husband. That drive to the vet was the worst. drive. ever. We barely had a day to mourn before we had to be on a flight. Also, not fun. It was 6 years ago, but I remember it like it just happened. We haven't had the strength to get another pet since that happened, even though our kids want a dog. I cannot imagine ever having to do that again...
imho the pain is worth the moments you spend with your pet the worst we had was our dog UG who left us on Christmas eve adopted another right after the new year it did help ease the pain for us

Old 02-15-2016, 12:51 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
You people are going to make ne tear up. We have two that are over 12 years old, and we have four little boxes of ashes in a glass case with pictures, and their old collars. I still miss them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: