Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 10:55 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,055 times

Advertisements

so my cell phone rings they asked for somebody who isn't me. they ask why am I lying they're going to send the police to my house yada yada so I figure I'll be a good citizen and report it.

well the fraud number four the police has no one available , only the messages they can't return calls try another time. I don't think that invest a lot of time into this but I'll give it a shot again later.

trying to be a good citizen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Is the police number one you have to spell out? Because maybe you spelled for instead of four?

Old 03-01-2016, 11:16 AM

yeah unfortunately my voice recognition software doesn't know the difference between 4,4and4.

But thanks for pointing that out I hadn't noticed

Old 03-03-2016, 06:35 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,313,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
so my cell phone rings they asked for somebody who isn't me. they ask why am I lying they're going to send the police to my house yada yada so I figure I'll be a good citizen and report it.

well the fraud number four the police has no one available , only the messages they can't return calls try another time. I don't think that invest a lot of time into this but I'll give it a shot again later.

In sure they appreciate all tips and info. I would guess their time is prioritized by what they can prove and what they can prosecute. In your instance you don't have any discernable loss, I'm sure they have plenty of fraud victims with substantial personal losses taking up their time.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:45 AM

Well they would not know that since you can't leave a message.

I agree no big foul, just trying to help them find a pattern etc

Old 03-04-2016, 11:48 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,582,203 times
Why do you think it's a fraud call? Maybe it's just someone who got a wrong number.

One time, I had a girl call me every few minutes for about a dozen calls and ask to speak to her "boyfriend," she wanted to yell at him for cheating on her. I kept telling her that it was the wrong number and she accused me of shielding him. Finally on the last call, I got tired of telling her the truth, so I told her she was right and her boyfriend told me to tell her to go ..... herself. Didn't get any more calls.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:49 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
They would tell you the pattern is someone is calling you from outside the state and likely outside the country and therefore there is little they can do. Get a VOIP phone line and random dial every number and it becomes like email scammers.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:20 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post

Not sure what you are trying to report.. Someone calls your cell, acts like an idiot, tells you they are going to send the cops to your house (how the hell do they know where you live?) and you are going to report it.. BUT what are you reporting????

Even if you left a message with the fraud division, they would listen to it and then delete it as it is nothing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas