Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,942 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I love the camaraderie this site has created. Hope to receive some pointers/advise/recommendations. Plan on moving to Henderson, 89122 this summer. To be exact, somewhere near 6520 Bucking Horse Lane, a townhome. Having 3 golf courses within 5 mile radius is awesome. As a retiree, I'm always concerned about the crimes and safety of the neighborhood. Would you recommend this area? Much appreciated. Be well & be safe everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 05:04 PM

347 posts, read 512,269 times
Great area and welcome.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,620 times
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer 60 View Post
Hello,
I love the camaraderie this site has created. Hope to receive some pointers/advise/recommendations. Plan on moving to Henderson, 89122 this summer. To be exact, somewhere near 6520 Bucking Horse Lane, a townhome. Having 3 golf courses within 5 mile radius is awesome. As a retiree, I'm always concerned about the crimes and safety of the neighborhood. Would you recommend this area? Much appreciated. Be well & be safe everyone.
The area is not in Henderson. It is unincorporated Clark County. It is near Boulder Highway...and area that can be difficult. If you are urban smart you can deal with it but it can be a challenging neighborhood. If you are looking for sweetness and light..wrong place.

Gets better if you can get to the other side of Boulder Highway and further west. Then again...if you can deal with a little nonsense and keep your sense of humor...Has golf courses and the water preserve and lots of wilderness to the close in east.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,942 times
Default Where to move?

Thank you all for your positive feedbacks/inputs. Learning a lot about Vegas properties. Really excited about moving to Vegas. I found a property at 1875 Wild Indigo Court, Vegas. Again, my main concern is to find a property in a "safe" neighborhood. Your feedback are much appreciated. Happy Easter.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your positive feedbacks/inputs. Learning a lot about Vegas properties. Really excited about moving to Vegas. I found a property at 1875 Wild Indigo Court, Vegas. Again, my main concern is to find a property in a "safe" neighborhood. Your feedback are much appreciated. Happy Easter.
That is Silverado Ranch area. That is a big step up from Boulder Highway. That should be quite safe and convenient...I like that area.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:37 PM

103 posts, read 120,229 times
Ivoc is our resident realtor so he should know the areas pretty well and can advise you on safety

Old 03-27-2016, 11:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
You realize that the property is going to sell for a lot more than the 130k starting bid correct?

Old 03-27-2016, 12:09 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,876,042 times
It is a convenient area, and fairly nice. Even so, there will be some level of crime everywhere, so just keep your wits about you and don't do dumb things like leave the keys to your car in the ignition. From the 1846 Wild Indigo Ct property, if instead you were to continue south to cross St. Rose Parkway into the neighborhood called Seven Hills, you would probably like it better as it has a higher quality of resident and less crime - but of course the price tag for housing goes up.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:40 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
While there's nothing wrong with that location, I wouldn't bet on getting it, and not for that price. I'd be looking at a bunch of properties.

Given your initially identified location, and the property your now looking at, I'd be looking at anything East of Maryland Pky, west of the 515 and south of the 215. At the far eastern end, I wouldn't go south of Horizon Ridge. That's a pretty large area, with a lot of selection, all with good highway access, and very good range of prices.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas