Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,151 times

Advertisements

been there done that...gaming that is...but i want to check out some shows and other things this time...whats up for a young to middle aged black urban couple to check out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,449,297 times
Gosh jwhire, the list is endless of things for you folks to do..and you don't have to stay on the Strip.

Take in a show, go dancing...I'm sure you know all that stuff already, but you can rent a car and head up to Mt. Charleston for lunch at the Lodge, or go to Red Rock Canyon and walk a trail, see the beauty of nature....see Hoover Dam and take the tour and see how it was actually built..

Venture out to Valley of Fire National Park (about an hour drive off the Strip) see some of the most spectacular color rock formations there are in the world...stop in the little town of Overton..visit the Indian Museum there.

Head over to the Clark County Heritage Museum...a hidden jewel of Las Vegas..learn all about the history of Las Vegas and stroll down Heritage Street...lined with actual homes dating from different periods of Las Vegas history. Go for a gondola ride at the Venetian, shop in the Canal Shoppes there, or the Forum Shops at Caesars, Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood...

Head over to Fremont Street, the "old" Las Vegas Strip, wait for nightfall and see the light show...live entertainment there as well. Dance to 70's disco at Harrah's Carnival Court, 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm, Fri-Tues (except on Monday 7:00 pm to 12:30 am)
Take in Wayne Brady's show at the Venetian (Thurs-Mon, 9pm), see "Phantom of the Opera" at the same property...visit the Conservatory in Bellagio and take in the Cirque show "O" there as well.

Get a dose of the Beatles with "Love" at the Mirage, see the volcano erupt every 11 minutes near valet there...or from the Strip, see the Sirens perform their "battle" at the TI (nightly)

Want more?

Here's a link to our local newspaper, plenty of shows, dancing, entertainment stuff contained there...

reviewjournal.com -- Arts & Entertainment: Nightlife

reviewjournal.com -- Arts & Entertainment: Production Shows

Have fun and enjoy!

Last edited by MomMom; 02-13-2008 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,089,664 times
We take many guests to Mon Ami Gabe at Paris. Go with a reservation but wait for a table on the patio. Best show in LV...watch all the toursts and the Bellagio Fountains.

Rent a limo. Bell is fine. Cruise the strip. Stop wherever... Bring you own bottle and even Hors D’oeuvres...Cheap evening actually. Great tourist viewing and you can stop wherever you like. What goes on in the back of a limo...stays in the back of a limo.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM

572 posts, read 1,679,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We take many guests to Mon Ami Gabe at Paris. Go with a reservation but wait for a table on the patio. Best show in LV...watch all the toursts and the Bellagio Fountains.

Rent a limo. Bell is fine. Cruise the strip. Stop wherever... Bring you own bottle and even Hors D’oeuvres...Cheap evening actually. Great tourist viewing and you can stop wherever you like. What goes on in the back of a limo...stays in the back of a limo.
Rep for the cap'n.... Mon Ami is probably one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas! My family and I had dinner there the first summer we stayed in Vegas. I second waiting for a patio table.. definitely worth it (even in the summer, since they have misters to cool the air). The food is phenominal!

You will definitely need a reservation though. Call ahead. You could also do the Eiffel Tower restaurant, but I think Mon Ami is much better. If you want a meal with a view, I'd say go for the Stratosphere, if you are going to do the strip. If you want off the strip, I recommend Mimi's. There are a few locations throughout the valley.

Red Rock canyon is a beautiful drive. Should cost you about $5 to do the loop (13 miles). You can also go to Spring Moutnain Ranch/Old Nevada, if you are into the whole history thing. If you have a few days to kill, take a drive out to the Grand Canyon, it's only about a 4-5 hour drive. Definitely worth it, IMO.

Last edited by daveyjones978; 02-13-2008 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: typos.. what else is new? ;-)

Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,419,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
What goes on in the back of a limo...stays in the back of a limo.
Unfortunately, though...someone has to eventually clean it up before the next renters do the same!

People sticking to the seats is not only due to the desert heat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas