Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times

Advertisements

Lets talk trashy. The point of this thread is to put to shame or trash various intersections throughout the valley due to crime, traffic, businesses for one reason or another, ugliness, upkeep, design e.t.c..

It doesn't have to be about that specific intersection but it could be about the immediate area. Let's keep it to larger intersections instead of smaller side streets just to be clear and be more known to us.

I know not everything is perfect in this world renown city and we won't be talking about positive things but this is a way to let out some steam and converse about potentially important topics that need attention.....

Last edited by WildWestDude; 05-03-2016 at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 06:54 AM

Its not a secret that the intersection of MLK and Lake Mead and its immediate area is one of the worst or the worst for crime in the valley. Despite efforts to beautify the road medians and attract new businesses, that intersection continuous to be dangerous especially at night time.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:46 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Tropicana and Decatur. Unless you need a hooker. Then it's great!

Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Its not a secret that the intersection of MLK and Lake Mead and its immediate area is one of the worst or the worst for crime in the valley. Despite efforts to beautify the road medians and attract new businesses, that intersection continuous to be dangerous especially at night time.
Looks like a little bit of gentrification is going on at that intersection. Two apartment complexes have been bulldozed. Another one is for sale. Pollo Loco just opened up and whatever this is going to be in the photo below.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Tropicana and Decatur. Unless you need a hooker. Then it's great!
Yes, that's a stretch of a few intersections on Tropicana starting from Dean Martin to Valley View, Arville and up to Decatur. There has been better police enforcement so that's mostly under control at least for now. Seems to be a cat and mouse game.

Last edited by WildWestDude; 05-03-2016 at 03:38 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 04:47 PM

698 posts, read 985,699 times
Where's the intersection that Scoop referred to as "Crack and Blowjob" that can't be too great.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I don't know what it is but roadside trash appears to me to be a far bigger problem in the Southwest than in the other areas where I have lived (PNW, Mid-Atlantic, Jersey Shore, DC). Much of Tucson, where I am now, is a pigsty. Private property as well as roadside. Anyplace that isn't HOA-run, an historic designation (which includes the Mexican barrios which are generally well-kept), or an area of expensive custom homes, usually means garbage cans on the front porch, old cars and campers parked willy-nilly, kids big plastic toys strewn everywhere, etc. And I'm talking about houses that could cost upwards of $200,000.

The highway department runs a program for roadside clean up. Volunteers work their butts off in the heat picking up garbage thrown from vehicles and a week later the roadsides are filled with trash again. The MVD is willing to put signs up to credit the people (often groups) doing the work. But if it's a organization that doesn't meet the beliefs of certain people, the sign will get bullet holes blown into it. I know a couple of groups that asked NOT to have signs because they didn't want to endanger people on the roadways.

Go figure. Las Vegas isn't alone in this, unfortunately.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't know what it is but roadside trash appears to me to be a far bigger problem in the Southwest than in the other areas where I have lived (PNW, Mid-Atlantic, Jersey Shore, DC). Much of Tucson, where I am now, is a pigsty. Private property as well as roadside. Anyplace that isn't HOA-run, an historic designation (which includes the Mexican barrios which are generally well-kept), or an area of expensive custom homes, usually means garbage cans on the front porch, old cars and campers parked willy-nilly, kids big plastic toys strewn everywhere, etc. And I'm talking about houses that could cost upwards of $200,000.

The highway department runs a program for roadside clean up. Volunteers work their butts off in the heat picking up garbage thrown from vehicles and a week later the roadsides are filled with trash again. The MVD is willing to put signs up to credit the people (often groups) doing the work. But if it's a organization that doesn't meet the beliefs of certain people, the sign will get bullet holes blown into it. I know a couple of groups that asked NOT to have signs because they didn't want to endanger people on the roadways.

Go figure. Las Vegas isn't alone in this, unfortunately.
Yes, we're not saying that Las Vegas is alone in this but in the Las Vegas section of the forum that is what we would like to focus on but thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:49 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,783,561 times
Las Vegas Blvd and Craig Road. Jay Walkers everywhere and all sorts of crime and now a vacant old Walmart property.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,481 times
On my side of the valley, I was amused by the frequency of cop cars at the SportsMan's Lodge (not sure if I have the name right) at the corner of Trop and Boulder Hwy. This was several years ago when I passed by there almost daily. Rarely nowadays.

I wonder if any episodes of Cops was shot there? Supposedly there's working girls on Boulder Hwy around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas